General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By PandaHatch
#145546 if its a pressure plate I have another one laying around. Im just trying to get as much input as I can so I can jot it all down because when I get a chance to go the car which is 30 mins away I want to have hopefully enough 411 to drive it home. I wish I had the car here so I could just run back inside and ask ?s
By ikon
#145564 did u hook up the linkage right. maybe the shift arms arent moving when u move the shifter. maybe the shift arms only move when u try to engage reverse so thats the only one it grinds on.
By PandaHatch
#145571 bolted right side arm in with the 12mm and the bitch pin with the other one.
By chrono404
#145748 If the transmission feels like its going into gear correctly then the transmission is most likely not at fault.

I would recommend trying to spin one wheel when both are in the air and seeing if the other spins. If it does and your gears feel good then your transmission is most likely okay.

If the Transmission is okay, The axles are both in and seated correctly then it would be a clutch issue. Either the fly wheel is not torqued tight enough, or the clutch arm isn't hooked up or functioning correctly. If the clutch pedel presses down and then comes back up like normal it would most likely be the bolts holding the pressure plate on not being torqued down enough.
By PandaHatch
#145776 alright thanks. I will take a look and see how things go. I will posts progress when I git er done
By Apexracing
#149228 any updates???
By PandaHatch
#149265 no still havent been able to get back to the car. I may just save money and put a swap in it this winter but I dont know. I left all my tools laying on a tarp too so they are probably all rusted up .
By Apexracing
#149287 ouch that sucks dude, i hope they wernt expensive tools too. do i have to come down there!
By PandaHatch
#149295 sure do. I have nobody to help me with the car and can never get out to the damn thing. I might buy another trans to be on safe side but the guy ssid it may be a JDM D15B LSD trans so he wants to make sure before he tells me a price. he had motor and all for 350 but i didnt jump on it soon enough.
By Apexracing
#149303 i have a d15b7 trans now lol, attatched to a sedan with a cracked block, i took the head and dizzy off and will be selling them along with the intake manifold, i dont need them, im pretty much swapping whatver parts i can over to my hatch.
By PandaHatch
#149315 bring it on down we can get my hatch running this weekend. lol
By Apexracing
#149324 lol i didnt say i was getting rid of it lol, and i wouldnt have a way to get it there, what put it in the back of my 70 horse cx hatch and pray, not with the amount of oil it burns buddy lol.
By PandaHatch
#149327 LOL hoping I dont need a tranny but I still am lost on the shifting with no clutch and no grind issue.
By PandaHatch
#158785 CAR IS FIXED AND HOME!!!!!!! The axles were both not in all the way. so i finhally after all this time the car is home from the country and running good.
By Apexracing
#158787 about freaking time congrats bro!!!