General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Matt.M
#133912 Well, I suck at mechanics which is why I went to college for autobody repair, I enjoy it more too, but I need this question answered quickly.

Will a Y8 transmission work with a B18 A engine?
By Dippin_EG
#133920 no, it will not

B series engines- b series trans
D series engines- d series trans
so on

there are a few exceptions, but they need an adapter plate (H2B)
By Matt.M
Dippin_EG wrote:no, it will not

B series engines- b series trans
D series engines- d series trans
so on

there are a few exceptions, but they need an adapter plate (H2B)

Well damn, that seems easy enough. Maybe it would be worth my time sitting down and reading a few mechanic books.

Thanks a lot man.
By Matt.M
#133946 Okay, one more quick question. I hate to ask this before I really look myself but it's 4:40 AM and I can't seem to sleep.

So would a transmission from a d15 work for a d17a2?
By BLaCkSiLo
Matt.M wrote:Okay, one more quick question. I hate to ask this before I really look myself but it's 4:40 AM and I can't seem to sleep.

that gets tricky...the d17 seems to be completely different, i would say no but i don't know for sure :?
By Ajax1989
Matt.M wrote:Okay, one more quick question. I hate to ask this before I really look myself but it's 4:40 AM and I can't seem to sleep.

i highly doubt it
but if have the trans and the time, it never hurts to try

but i think the mounts are way diff
By Dippin_EG
#139208 mounts are probably different i can confirm tomorow.
By chrono404
#139234 I am 99% sure it wont work. Its something totally different, Just like the 87 and older D's.

I know a 92-00 Vtec head wont mount on a D17 block. I am 99% sure the transmission wont bolt up.

Pretty Sure the Only thing compatible is the rods/crank to stroke out a D16 or d15 into a 1.7 liter.