N/A build discussion
By misir00
#99778 I got a EG hatch and im planning on dropping a b18c1 in it
ive done my research and stuff but i was wondering if theres anything i should know when doing an engine swap Confused

i originally planned on putting a h22a in my eg but then i heard i have to lose a/c and power steering and i want luxury and speed. will i lose a/c and powersteering with a b18c1?

i want my eg to push atleast 250 without turbo or s/c, what/how should i do this?

:?
By Greasedmonkey
#99820 Well, that power goal defines the mods you will have to do. 250hp is up there with all out built B20vtec motors.

You will most likely need to have the block sleeved to 84-86mm, us the LS crank for a 89mm stroke. Get some nice rods and forged pistons. Compression ratio will need to be 11.5:1 or higher. You will need to have a fully ported head, Cams and the supporting valve train. hy-tech, smsp, DTR/ssr, Rage or RMF header, and all the other supporting mods.

As you can tell, its not an easy or cheap task to get the power you want. I myself have a GSR(B18c1) build going. I only plan on 200hp. I know how hard it is to get that high.
By misir00
#99899 thanks
im planning on putting a rev hard turbo kit
that safely bolts on to stock engine
By luispizarro25
Greasedmonkey wrote:Well, that power goal defines the mods you will have to do. 250hp is up there with all out built B20vtec motors.

You will most likely need to have the block sleeved to 84-86mm, us the LS crank for a 89mm stroke. Get some nice rods and forged pistons. Compression ratio will need to be 11.5:1 or higher. You will need to have a fully ported head, Cams and the supporting valve train. hy-tech, smsp, DTR/ssr, Rage or RMF header, and all the other supporting mods.

As you can tell, its not an easy or cheap task to get the power you want. I myself have a GSR(B18c1) build going. I only plan on 200hp. I know how hard it is to get that high.

Hey man, im trying to get a gsr swap as well bu tnever thought it would be so difficult to get it to 200hp. prbly 200whp i understand but wow...i guess ill have a lot of work to do. out of all the headers you mentioned i like the smsp but i havent really come across the price for it. i believe it is custom made but do you know what do they range in price.
By suspendedHatch
#100539 He was most likely talking about whp. No one ever talks about crank hp except for manufacturer's and ricers. Engine dyno's aren't very common and ricers are just speculating by adding up aftermarket parts manufacturer's claims (which is ridiculous).
By justin
#101117 Check this out. http://www.theoldone.com/articles/Larry ... _Civic.htm
This guy knows his stuff and his #'s prove it. It's a long article but if you skip to the bottom to see the final result. Casey has the NA record for most hp out of a stock crank and pump gas at RLZ (227 I think) but that was 2 years ago someone may have beat it by now.
By 92egdxhatch
#111480 200hp is plenty to make a hatch fast
By Sentry
suspendedHatch wrote:He was most likely talking about whp. No one ever talks about crank hp except for manufacturer's and ricers. Engine dyno's aren't very common and ricers are just speculating by adding up aftermarket parts manufacturer's claims (which is ridiculous).

Ahh ricer math. Can't tell you how many times I've encountered this. :lol:
By Greasedmonkey
#111524 I know Holly on here is making about 175 whp on her GSR. Stock motor with some minor things. Cams, gears, intake manifold...and some other stuff.
By evil-G-nius
#115367 considering the weight of the car and all 175hp is good and a fast car. A lot of people want crazy hp numbers but never realize that that is only one factor in a fast car. HP, weight, a good trans, good tires, etc. all play a role. Be realistic in your goals, and you wont be disappointed!
By EG MIKE
justin wrote:Check this out. http://www.theoldone.com/articles/Larry ... _Civic.htm
This guy knows his stuff and his #'s prove it. It's a long article but if you skip to the bottom to see the final result. Casey has the NA record for most hp out of a stock crank and pump gas at RLZ (227 I think) but that was 2 years ago someone may have beat it by now.

WOW, that build is amazing!!
By ohDirka
EG MIKE wrote:
justin wrote:Check this out. http://www.theoldone.com/articles/Larry ... _Civic.htm

WOW, that build is amazing!!

x2 He did some things Ive never seen anyone ever do and Ive watched hundreds of motors get built
By bietelboer
misir00 wrote:i originally planned on putting a h22a in my eg but then i heard i have to lose a/c and power steering and i want luxury and speed. will i lose a/c and powersteering with a b18c1?

For A/C and P/S you need B-series pumps :)