N/A build discussion
By EJ1STYLEN
#243257 whats up guys will a aftermarket stage 2 a6 cam make a big diffrence in a b7? my friend is thinking about doing this, and ask me if it will make a big diffrence. my answer is yeah but not awhole lot correct me if im wrong. his thinking of buying a gude cams and put it in his b7 to gain a lil more horsepower. so yeah guys chime in so i can give him more detail. if he should do it or not.
By AutoXCivic
#243291 Cams are really only useful if you tune for them IIRC. Untuned they won't do a whole lot.

And from what I remember when I was doing research a long time ago ... stay away from gude.

Good D-series cams: Bisimoto (if you are baller), Delta (makes a good regrind), exospeed (also a good regrind). Contact some of these guys and ask them what they would recommend for your setup. They're really forth coming and helpful.
By suspendedHatch
#243323 Tuning = programmable fuel management, an adjustable cam gear, and some dyno time.
By EJ1STYLEN
#243544 wow!! i never thought it was all that work in to it. i thought it was just a bolt in and tune, never thought of it being needing a program. fuel management and all that. but would i still see some gains? like marginal gains?....
By AutoXCivic
#243602 If the cam doesn't match the engine well (or if your tuner sucks) you can actually see losses.

Also you should get an adjustable cam gear. You can see gains without tuning (sometimes) but to get the most out of a cam you really should get some proper engine management and get the car on a dyno.