N/A build discussion
By jdmb20beg
#217215 Im really pumped to do this build. Im going to post pictures and step by step progression when i do my build :woot:
By Greasedmonkey
AutoXCivic wrote:I didn't realize the Type R IM didn't bolt up. Does it bolt up to the p75 head? Maybe that's what I'm remembering, because that was a very common suggestion from people when I was doing my research. I may still have to do this engine build at some point I really like it. But that's another project for another car. Or maybe just a later project for this car. Will the stock rods on the B20 hold up? (I'm coming from a being inundated with D series issues, which are weak rods)

ITR manifold will not bolt on to any NON vtec motor. It will only bolt on to B16a/B17a/ITR heads. As they are all the same head basically.
By AutoXCivic
#217382 Hmmm, must have been honda-tech posts I was reading then. Good to know. Future build developing in my head.
By jdmb20beg
#217448 could i just buy 1mm larger valves instead of just buying the whole head?
By jdmb20beg
#217469 intake valve that is
By AutoXCivic
jdmb20beg wrote:could i just buy 1mm larger valves instead of just buying the whole head?

No ... the valves are 1mm oversize because the intake ports are 1mm oversize. To use 1mm larger valves in the p75 (LS) head you'd have to get the head machined to accept them ... cheaper to find a p8r head. There's actually one on E-bay right now ... at least it was there last night when I was poking around.
By Greasedmonkey
AutoXCivic wrote:
jdmb20beg wrote:could i just buy 1mm larger valves instead of just buying the whole head?

No ... the valves are 1mm oversize because the intake ports are 1mm oversize. To use 1mm larger valves in the p75 (LS) head you'd have to get the head machined to accept them ... cheaper to find a p8r head. There's actually one on E-bay right now ... at least it was there last night when I was poking around.

33mm intake and 28mm exhaust.
By jdmb20beg
#217549 okay that def makes sense. yeah i found a pretty good looking one on there for something like 250
By Greasedmonkey
#217653 The head alone for 250?
By jdmb20beg
#217657 yeah it was a complete head for 250. is that bad?
By AutoXCivic
jdmb20beg wrote:yeah it was a complete head for 250. is that bad?

If that's the remanufactured one I was looking at ... I'd say it's a good price. Complete, rebuilt, rare head ... that's about what I was probably going to spend on it when I was going to build one 5 or 6 years ago.

Looks like you are looking at the p75 head the only p8r on ebay right now is this one.

And it's currently ~$400 shipped ... which is still good I think.
By Greasedmonkey
#217758 I paid a lot less than that and mine looked brand new. Pretty much perfect.

I think about $100ish.
By AutoXCivic
Greasedmonkey wrote:I paid a lot less than that and mine looked brand new. Pretty much perfect.

I think about $100ish.

For a p8r ... where'd you find yours?
By jdmb20beg
#217805 wow that would be a god send if i could find one for that price :woot:
By Greasedmonkey
#217827 I got mine from a local forum. I had my choice between two heads. This one was cheaper and looked better.