Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By i8umup
#93724 ok hopefully by next weekend my baby will have a new heart in her but i was out in the garage and was looing at cleaning up my engine bay alittle i noticed the charcoal canister right off the bat. is this something that can take a hike or do i realy need it? i see that one of the hoses goes to the fuel lines so just whats the deal any help please.ohh and what else can i chunk out of there or move that doesnt need to be in the engine bay? thanks guys
By Dippin_EG
#93728 i know you dont need it, but you wont be able to pass emissions easily. theres a way to delete it, but idk how. i also heard if you remove it you may get a gas smell sometimes. Someone with better knowledge should have some insight. good luck with the swap. :thumb:

And you can ditch pretty much everything in the bay by relocating it, and such

Last edited by Dippin_EG on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By i8umup
#93729 yeah i heard about the gas smell thing i was hoping to get some clarification on the issue before i just ripped it out but :woot: for the eastern shore we dont have emmisions test here like u do over there on that side of the bridge
By Dippin_EG
#93730 must be sweet. my d16z6 FAILED emissions, and i have till april to get something else in there... (maybe a d16z6??? :lol: ).