Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By t_k_c1982
#88559 which year of civic should i get so i can do a swap B18C Type R Complete Swap (96spec)
By Dippin_EG
#88565 92 hatch Si :thumb:
By zeppelin101
#88605 An Si? no no, buy something much lighter and you'll go a whole lot faster.

A DX would be good ;)
By CivicTypeR
#88614 2k :thumb: lol
By vtec_gloucester
zeppelin101 wrote:An Si? no no, buy something much lighter and you'll go a whole lot faster.

A DX would be good ;)

might be a little light but thats mostly because they have half the spec...

by the time you have fitted the engine, box, mounts, shfts, loom (which would be a pain in the ass because its the basic modal)

you will also have to do loads of other stuff just to get it to a safe standard... like... brake up grade front and rear, anti-roll bars (because the dx doesnt come with any)

IMO start off with something mid range... ESi IMO.

that way its already plummed in for vtec, already has disc brakes all round, etc...
By zeppelin101
#88621 Having got just front brakes on mine and being able to pull up from 60 ludicrously quick I don't think you'd really need rear brakes with a car that light. They'd probably just lock up :P

Admittedly a DX is effort... which is why I might not be keeping mine but we'll see.

The lack of kit doesn't bother me though... personally I preffered it, no air con to arse around with, no ABS to cut in too early and annoy me, no power steering to make driving 'easy'. It wasn't heavy at all until I started tinkering with it, then it got a quite heavy and now the SAT is HUGE and it makes cornering so much fun. But anyway... :P
By CivicTypeR
vtec_gloucester wrote:ESi

They don't have them in the US.
By vtec_gloucester
SlipCivic wrote:
vtec_gloucester wrote:ESi

They don't have them in the US.

meant it as if i was going to do the swap again... i would use an esi as a bass... rather than an sir2 which i used last time.
By Gorveatt
#88673 *cough*just get the teg*cough* oh excuse me i think i'm getting a cold :D
By vtec_gloucester
Gorveatt wrote:*cough*just get the teg*cough* oh excuse me i think i'm getting a cold :D

lol... yeah, could do that... i prefered my ITR over my SiR2~B18C.

the SiR2 was slightly faster but even in stock form the ITR would have out handled it... easily!
By Gorveatt
vtec_gloucester wrote:
Gorveatt wrote:*cough*just get the teg*cough* oh excuse me i think i'm getting a cold :D

lol... yeah, could do that... i prefered my ITR over my SiR2~B18C.

the SiR2 was slightly faster but even in stock form the ITR would have out handled it... easily!

this is my point exactly, everyone works their ass off to make their civic perform and handle like the Intergra, when they could have just gone out and gotten the Integra, Mind you i have nothing against Civic's nothing at all. but if i had of put the money into my old hatch to make it what my stock Teg is i could have just bought the teg.... so i did lol
By Gorveatt
zeppelin101 wrote:tegs are heavy :P

01 GSR = 2709 lb

95 Si = 2390 lb

Swap in a B series to the Si and it ups the weight too.
By zeppelin101
#88691 I sincerely doubt it adds 200kg, and besides if you remove all the crap you don't *really* need you'll get it weighing even less.

For me the shorter wheelbase is preferable for initial turn in and mid corner control.

Longer wheelbase is too stable... boo...
By asianrob
#88736 get a CX/VX they are lighter than DX/Si