Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By vtec_gloucester
#5529 the civic is staying!!! :woot:

yesturday i thought, fuck it - im not just gunna give my car up with out atleast having a look at the head to see if i can afford to fix it...

so yesturday me and a mate got to work - took the head off to find the head gasket was fine and the bottom end looked uber clean from what we could see...

then turned the head up-side down so the valves were pointing up-wards and poored some wd40 into each cylinder to leave it over night... to see if any of the valves were bent.

we then stopped there as time was getting on and due to me having no car i had to get the mother to pick me up...

so today i went back to my mates garage to find the 2 cylinders that has shit compression had emptied with the other 2 still being full.

so we cracked on and removed the 8 valves to see what the damage was - the 4 exhaust valves were all slightly bent with the 4 inlet valves were in perfect condition.

:woot: problem found.

i got on the phone to honda to see when they could get the parts...

just my luck the head gasket kit is now discontinued so ive ordered a kit from the states, should be here wednesday... also ordered head bolts which will be here monday and most important i tried to order the 4 valves... once again - just my luck there is only 2 in the UK and the other 2 will have to come from japan.

so its gunna be about 2 weeks till all parts here so im civic-less til then :(

rather that than selling the civic though. :woot:
By ChicagoMike
#5531 Thats great!! :thumb:
I had a feeling the problem was in the head. :D
By vtec_gloucester
#5532 fair play dude - your the only fella who thought it was gunna be valves... :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#5535 Who did you purchase the headgasket from??
By vtec_gloucester
#5536 ummm, its from ebay so im not thinking its gunna be the best. think i'll just use the exhaust gaskets, etc... from it and find a better head gasket some where eles.

any recomendations?
By LaMbErT*
#5550 Sweet man you were really gutted about leaving it so im glad ur keeping it :D
By ohDirka
#5558 mr gasket head gaskets, never had any probs with em...
By ChicagoMike
#5559 This is what I run on my car. Never had a leak!! :thumb:

http://www.cometic.com/
By ohDirka
#5613 that place doesnt have head gaskets for d-series :cry:
By chnzgoofball
#5619 o man congrats!!! :woot:
By Thateguhate
#5700 coo shit, you'd regret it! if you did get rid of it!
By ChicagoMike
d15kid wrote:that place doesnt have head gaskets for d-series :cry:

I'm 99% sure they'll make you whatever you want.
By Jsa-SIR2
#5888 yeeeeerrrr :D good chose! 8)