Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By JlaudioEGFreak
#71110 not sure if im posting this in the right place and this might even be a noob question so i apologize ahead of time if either two apply to this post. ive been doing some research and have been thinging about what motor swap i want to do in the 92 civic hatch. My question is for the price of a b18c to a h22 swap it seems that the h22 swap might even be less expensive then the b18c swap what are the pros and cons between the two. and am i better off just doing a h22 swap going n/a or is there something else i can do for the same amount of money that will be better im pondering the ideas and i just need some other input on the situation. And i am just looking for something fun to cruise around with and maybe take to the drag strip a couple of times.
By hatchin06
#71116 It is cheaper but i would say go b18c. the h22 to me is a big motor and i don't think it is worth the hassle.
By thirdson
#71117 for me, i would go h22..h22 goes hard and its just like having a boosted car..plus for its weight, it makes up for with its power..and yeah its a 2.2 but its gas consumption is still pretty good for 2.2l
By asianrob
#71126 build an LS Vtec
By JlaudioEGFreak
#71136 haha three different answers. im not sure yet what i want to do i like the h22 idea just because of my knowledge on the motor and owning many 5th gen preludes in the past makes me attracted to the idea but then again even doing a frankenstein motor could be pretty cool cause i do have a b18 short block laying around but ive heard alot of things about people having problems with them what kind of numbers does a ls vtec motor put out?
By Civic_HatchSI
#71139 b18c :thumb:

really it all depends what your goal is for power. h22 would be best if you want a drag car, but for daily b18c makes a pretty decent amount of power for the size of the engine.
By Gorveatt
JDM-Chick wrote:b18c :thumb:

really it all depends what your goal is for power. h22 would be best if you want a drag car, but for daily b18c makes a pretty decent amount of power for the size of the engine.

Agreed. i love the motor in her car so much more then mine.
By Classiccarsrule85
#71176 well or there is a somewhat cheaper route stick with a d and do a d16z6 or y8 swap but do some work on the motor to make it good for boosting then slap a turbo on and call it a day. there is more work involved than just slapping it on though lol....

but if not i would probaly do a b swap since h22 are more for dragging and are alot heavier
By Elpimpo
#75344 H22
upgrade all suspension bushings
get real stiff motor mounts
a high hp clutch
low comp pistons
good manifold (equal length, make sure th wg collects from all ports)
big ass turbo
big injectors
and a good tune

a b18 with the same money in it will not catch you
By Method
Gorveatt wrote:

have you had a ride in an h snatchback?
By Gorveatt
Method wrote:
Gorveatt wrote:

have you had a ride in an h snatchback?

Nay can't say i have, but i do imagine it is quite fun as well. but the B swap is much simpler
By Method
#75388 everyone has B.
By VegasCivic
Elpimpo wrote:H22
upgrade all suspension bushings
get real stiff motor mounts
a high hp clutch
low comp pistons
good manifold (equal length, make sure th wg collects from all ports)
big ass turbo
big injectors
and a good tune

a b18 with the same money in it will not catch you

Damn i didnt know it was that easy. I'll do all that tomorrow :???:

screw them both. Turbo D!