Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By panic989
#336945 Hey guys. I did a quick, very brief, search on here before I posted this up so please don't bite my head off if this has already been asked. I continuously fail emissions. All of the O2 and CO2 gasses are in within the passing range of the emissions. I cant pass the pressure test though. My Charcoal canister has one of the valves blocked off with a vacuum seal cap, one has a vacuum hose goes into my intake, and my fuel return line is on there tight. I have a leak somewhere between the fuel filler neck and my canister. Is there a pretty common spot for a leak to occur?

Oh and it is a GSR swapped hatch.
By suspendedHatch
#336990 So you're sure those two hoses are good? Are they still soft and flexible? Are there any splits or cracks near the clamps?
Fuel cap passed the pressure test?
Have you done any modifications ie fuel pump?
Has the car ever been rear ended?
Unusual for an Arizona car but if you lived in a snowy climate I would suggest checking the fuel filler neck and fuel tank for rust holes.
By panic989
#337002 I only have the top hose of the canister connected to the back of the intake mani. That is still soft and flexible. The bottom hose is blocked off with a vacuum plug.

Fuel cap passed.

Fuel pump is a walboro 255. I pulled the back seat up and everything looks to be sealed.

No it hasn't been rear ended, I still have the clean title.

It hasn't been in a snowy climate. I bought the car in Vegas ( if you haven't been there it is a desert climate) and spent a stint in So Cal ( also desert) then came back to AZ ( once again a desert climate. Lol).
By suspendedHatch
#337041 It's the factory vacuum cap, right? A chubby black rubber cap like what you find on the brake bleeder or clutch slave cylinder.

One of the hoses should go to the purge valve.

Which B18C1 do you have, OBD1 or 2? Or is it the B17? What ECU are you running, OBD1, 2a or 2b?
By panic989
#337069 I put the vacuum cap on but yeah its just an OEM replacement.

Where is the purge valve? I have a Haynes manual on order for the hatch...

Its a jdm gsr so a b18c. Obd1. Right now I'm running what I was told was a stock p28 and I have a p06 chipped to a p72 but with the chipped p72 I'm running super rich so I switched it out and passed the exhaust emissions part running the p28.
By suspendedHatch
#337105 JDM engines don't have purge control solenoids for the fuel canister. They also lack the port on the intake manifold. There should be a blank spot on your intake manifold where on the USDM manifold there would be threaded holes to mount the solenoid. You can either drill/tap holes there, or mount the purge control solenoid some other way. Then you get a vacuum T to your fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose or some other hose and run a line to your charcoal canister.

You'll need a 95-97 Integra charcoal canister and purge control solenoid. It's different than the Civic. The Civic one will throw a code for not enough flow.

I got a lot going on, but if you can't find a pic online I can snap a pic of my stock 97 GSR when I get home. Mine is OBD2 but the charcoal canister setup is the same from 95-97.

I recommend getting the proper USDM ECU for the engine.
By panic989
#337107 Yeah the ecu is the next thing its just hard to come by in AZ. No one wants Ripley theirs go.

I'll try to find some pictures on the internet later showing the purge valve and vacuum hoses. I'm also going to order another Haynes for the usdm integra with the gsr so that I can reference both manuals when I need it.
By panic989
#337140 Thanks man. I appreciate you taking the time out for that. I also forgot to mention though that I'm running the skunk2 gen 1 intake mani on it.