Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Pandathebear95
#336882 Looked around and can't seem to find the exact issue I'm having so here goes...
95 Coupe D15-Mini me. when driving or sitting still the RPM's drop and all the lights get brighter and it'll do this at random, no specific condition for it to occur. It's more apparent at night, my low beams look like supercharged high beams. Sometimes after it does this a few times my battery dummy light comes on for a second but goes off. And if it does this when accelerating i can feel a drag on the engine, like driving uphill in high gear until it stops. Common sense tells me its the alternator but i wanted to ask and make sure so i don't waste a bunch of time chasing down a simple fix also to maybe bring to light another cause that i may not be thinking about. Voltage is 12.5v off and 14.6v while idling, and 13.8v under load(hvac fan on high, stereo, wipers, headlights, hazards, brakelight, dome light). Can't seem to catch the voltage when it does this wierdness. Thanks for looking.
By suspendedHatch
#336991 It would have to be the voltage regulator on the alternator or the ELD in the fusebox (NEVER heard of an issue with the latter but alternators wear out regularly).

I suggest getting a used alternator from the junkyard and giving it a shot. Replacing the alternator is a pain - I pull a CV axle to do it - but junkyards around me only charge $10 for one.