Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By HagerSol
#334374 I just posted this in the 'Sol' section but thought it might be better here...

Hi guys, I got Skunk2 EF suspension from a buddy BNIB. Got the rears on fine but didn't realize the front shock diameter was different. After doing some research I've seen that people either say;
1) Use EF front forks, which I am hesitant about because they are different and I don't want rubbing issues (I have a B18B in '93 sol)
2) Use a piece of exhaust pipe with a slit in it as a shim.

I am thinking option 2 is better, but before I order new forks or go scouring the yard some opinions would be great. Especially if someone has personally encountered this problem. Thanks very much guys and gals!
By FG2_Andrew
#334375 you should be able to just get some EG forks for the fronts and away you go.

so it would be

EG ------ EF
front*
EG forks on EF struts
rear*
should just bolt into place

more info can be found here
http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/EFhybridsus.php

***EF suspension is about 1" shorter btw
By FG2_Andrew
#334376 oh, what S2 suspension? coilovers, sleeves, springs, shocks?
By HagerSol
#334377 S2 pro-s2 full coilovers. Aren't the eg forks the same as the sol forks?
By HagerSol
#334381 Thanks for that link, I can't see the pics for some reason but it says the Ef/Eg forks are basically the same so I'm not too worried about rubbing issues. Gunna call Honda for the dreaded dealer quote now lol
By FG2_Andrew
#334384 EF front forks are different from EG/DC and del Sol is the same, too.
By HagerSol
#334390 So I'm gunna get a shim welded into the eg/sol fork. Thanks for that link again, good info there!
By Punksz6
#334391 I'm running Ef forks on the front of my Eg Coupe. I didn't know when I got my Ksports that they were off a Integra Da. So I had to use some Ef forks I picked up from the junkyard. Eg were to wide to grip the collar mount.

You could also buy the buy the collars if Skunk2 makes replacements. I seen that Function and Form and some other companies make replacements. Hope that helps. :)

By FG2_Andrew
#334392 good info, Punk
By HagerSol
#334409 Sweet thanks for the reply. What motor do you have? There's no rubbing issues with the axles then?
By Punksz6
FG2_Andrew wrote:good info, Punk

Thank You :thumb:
By Punksz6
HagerSol wrote:Sweet thanks for the reply. What motor do you have? There's no rubbing issues with the axles then?

Your Welcome, and I.got a Z6. I don't have any rubbing and the axles clear.