Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Bordeaux
#317306 Quick question. I got my new (old) EX Sedan 2 days ago. When I drive the tach on the speedometer bounces between 30 and 50 mph and sometimes sticks at 45mph. I am assuming I need to replace the cluster, I couldn't imagine the speed sensor would act up like that? Just trying to get second opinions before I start spending money. Thank you for inputs.

Bordeaux
By Punksz6
#317337 Hi more than likely its your cluster. Happened to me and I just got a new cluster. I was gonna say the cluster being jumpy could also be a loose ground. If I remember correctly when my tranny ground was loose the speed and rpm needles jumped. Try checking your grounds first. Hope that helps.
By TrailerTrash
#317374 if the speed sensor is bad it will throw a code. if no CEL then id say cluster
By Bordeaux
#317484 ahh ok thanks guys :thumb: I don't know why I didn't think of this before but this morning when I was on my way to work I popped the dash and the needle got unstuck so I'm 100% sure it is the cluster :) Thanks for all the help guys!
By Bordeaux
bigJOE671 wrote:
Cl9junky wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:if the speed sensor is bad it will throw a code. if no CEL then id say cluster

X2

X3

By markspend01
#335515 Hey Guys well i think that dirty speed sensor is usually installed on the transmitting or 4WD exchange situation. Try eliminating the sensor or plug. This part is usually less expensive to substitute than a evaluate cluster.Thanks!!