Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By jadeydrag0117
#315628 hey theres not really a tool section on the forum, but sorry if this is the wrong section...

is there a such thin as a mini torque "click stop" wrench tool? for smaller bolts, i want to torque some smaller sized bolts to the specific weights and i've never heard of any tools and a mini click stop wrench is the only tool i can imagine that would do that if it exists

or any other tools is fine the click stop was just an example i just want find a tool to tighten bolts to specs
By rootbeer_eg
#315635 well there are toque wrenches
most are in ft/lbs
there is also inch pounds as well
By jadeydrag0117
rootbeer_eg wrote:well there are toque wrenches
most are in ft/lbs
there is also inch pounds as well

well im saying how do people torque there smaller bolts to, for "example say 5 pounds," if i use a regular socket wrench how do i know when its 5 pounds tight
By rootbeer_eg
#315646 5 ft/lbs is not alot im pretty sure that would be snug when using a normal wrench

what exactly are you wanting to torque down that is small
By nd1983
#315647 get a 1/4" drive torque wrench that does inch pounds and set it to 60"/lb. i have a 1/4" drive with ft/lb and a 1/2" drive with ft/lb. my 1/4" drive goes to 200"/lb and got it from harbor freight a few years back

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-drive-click-stop-torque-wrench-2696.html
By jadeydrag0117
rootbeer_eg wrote:5 ft/lbs is not alot im pretty sure that would be snug when using a normal wrench

what exactly are you wanting to torque down that is small

bolts on my oil pan, but i also want every small bolt like that to be torqued to the right spec,

sorry i didn't clarify how small, not talking about lugs or big bolts just the small screws and bolts on the engine
By jadeydrag0117
nd1983 wrote:get a 1/4" drive torque wrench that does inch pounds and set it to 60"/lb. i have a 1/4" drive with ft/lb and a 1/2" drive with ft/lb. my 1/4" drive goes to 200"/lb and got it from harbor freight a few years back

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-drive-click-stop-torque-wrench-2696.html

thanks i saw this but it looked bigger in a different picture so i got confused, thanks
By jadeydrag0117
nd1983 wrote:http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-inch-drive-click-stop-torque-wrench-2696.html

by the way pitsburg brand ive had a bad experience with just fyi,

i dont want to generally say all their tools are bad, but i had a 1/2" drive click torque it was used a few years or a year given to me by my uncle and one day i was using it i accidently dropped it from like a 4-3 foot height and it exploded the click mechanism fell out lol it sucked cause i had only torqued three wheels on and had one more to go but broke the wrench on my way to the last wheel lol... just experience
By asianrob
#315683 somethng like that would be done by hand. if you use a tq wrench for that you will end up breaking bolts.
By jadeydrag0117
asianrob wrote:somethng like that would be done by hand. if you use a tq wrench for that you will end up breaking bolts.

hmm.. i saw a thread by teal that listed the specific weight for almost every bolt on the car , and i didn't understand how people torque there bolts to the specific weight by hand, how can you tell its the tight you tightened it without some sort of tool?

thats what my post was really about just trying to find some sort of tool not really about a torque wrench
By suspendedHatch
#315763 If it's internal engine stuff you use a torque wrench in inch lbs. Craftsman may not be the best but I've had their in/lb and ft/lb torque "wrenches" for as long as I've been working on cars. I haven't tried dropping them from any height but I did take them to get recalibrated and they didn't need it.

Harbor Freight tools are not meant to last. They're meant to be cheap for the many times you need a tool for a specific job and then you're not likely to need it again for a very long time. I have my share. I have a Tornado Earthquake impact that has held up for a decade and if it broke tomorrow, I'd laugh and go get another.

Torque your lug nuts. Torque engine internals and brake parts. Torque studs, and things that use gaskets. For interior stuff, use a short handle 1/4 and take it the fuck easy. For suspension bolts (not involving alignment or ball joints) and engine mounts, crank that shit down hard and learn to get a feel for when the bolt begins to stretch. For axle nuts and the crank pulley, get yourself a long piece of pipe and a fat friend. I fear the fucker that hang cranks some huge torque wrench to 250 ft/lbs. I don't expect you see that outside of a navy ship.

Metric thread chasers and anti-seize are your friends.
By Ecc0
#315858 If I've read this right your wanting to know how to a 1/4inch socket on a 3/8 torque wrench to be able to torque down to 8Nm.

Use a step down 3/8-1/4 then because of space use an extension bar to be about to get to the oil pan bolts.

I have 2 torque wrenches to be able to do every bolt on the car one goes from 8Nm - 60Nm the other from 60Nm - 300Nm and the have a verity of stepdowns extention bar to be able to reach any bolt.

Hope this helps.