Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By MookyStick
#313804 Well I've had a pretty loud axle click for a few months now and a couple weeks ago I checked and sure enough...the outer boots on both axles are split and empty.

Yesterday I got both the old axles out and today I picked up 2 napa remanufactured ones. After successfully installing the driver side, I started installing the passenger and I noticed something rather odd. The outer joint on the passenger side axle is VERY hard to move/swivel...it feels as if there's no grease in it whatsoever. The drivers side is already all bolted up so I can't really compare but there's no way it could have been like that cause it wasn't hard to move around in order to line it up in the hub.

I hope I'm describing this properly. If I push spindle on the outer joint all the way over to one side...I have to hit it pretty hard with my palm to get it to move. I specifically remember on the old broken axle that the joint moved with very little effort...something has to be wrong here. It also feels kinda like its metal on metal.

I guess I'm gonna stop installation until I can get back down to napa and see what they can make of it :/

Thanks in advance for the help guys.
-Rob
Last edited by MookyStick on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MookyStick
JUICE wrote:That's how they are. Your old one was like that cause it was shot.

By why would it feel like its metal grinding against metal...if there were grease in there...it wouldn't feel like that right?