Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By JohnRM
#313425 A few months ago, I started hearing a clunking noise every time I turn either left or right. It didn't bother me so much until my last autocross event about 2 weeks ago. Now, every time I accelerate, I hear another clunking noise; it happens from a dead stop or when I brake hard and start to accelerate again. It's now to the point where whenever I drive my car, all I hear is clunk x 3 before the car starts to move. Any ideas?

P.S. Noise is from the front.
By Leppy
#313428 Best thing to do is get under your car and look. It could be your axles, or possibly your sway bar end links or bushings are worn out.

Check your axles boots to make sure they aren't torn and throwing grease everywhere. Also eye your end link joints and sway bar bushings to make sure they aren't dried out or cracked.
By JohnRM
Leppy wrote:Best thing to do is get under your car and look. It could be your axles, or possibly your sway bar end links or bushings are worn out.

Check your axles boots to make sure they aren't torn and throwing grease everywhere. Also eye your end link joints and sway bar bushings to make sure they aren't dried out or cracked.

If it were the endlinks, what is causing that?
By Leppy
JohnRM wrote:If it were the endlinks, what is causing that?

The joints get worn out and become loose, giving play in the bar. They generally make popping noises when you turn or go over a bump.

If you're getting popping when you start to move straight forward or switch directions, I'd look at your CV axle boots first.
By suspendedHatch
#313473 Is the car lowered? How much and on what suspension?

Get the wheels off the ground, grasp the tire at the top and bottom and try to rock it. It should be rock solid. Look for any play in the upper or lower balljoints.
By EJ1_MK
#313514 Could be the compliance bushings as well, they attach to the sub frame right behind where the sway bar bushing are. They take quite a bit of abuse and make that type of noise when they start to go out.

They are the bushings with the 3 bolt wholes at end of the control arms.

But it definitely sounds like you have a bushing issue or possibly a cv joint that is out. end links should be easy to spot if they are broken or worn out.
By JohnRM
#313558 I've gotten many opinions on what the problem is. I looked under the car and I'm seeing grease marks right under; CV joints, correct? Since I don't play on buying OEM axles, I decided on buying some performance axles. I found raxles.com had very good review about their axles. Does anyone have experience with them?
By JohnRM
#314704 I changed out my old axles last night with some new axles from raxles.com. That seemed to fix the problem for a few hours. I woke up the next morning to get an alignment and then the clunking and squeeking noises came back while driving to the alignment shop. Need help asap!
By JDMLYFE
#314708 check your lower control arms, mine did the same thing, i just got new lower ball joints, new lower control arms,and new upper control arms, feels alot better, the clunking is probably the lower control arm as the bushing are worn