Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By GotHatch?
#312319 Ok my hatchback has been running fine other than a few fast idle issues that I need to get straightened out but a week or so ago I was going down the interstate and noticed my temp gauge was sitting alot higher than it normally does ( it normally stays between the bottom mark and the little temperature sign). So I pulled off and it was a tad low on water and my fan wasnt running so I topped it off and straight wired the fan to see if that would help, It didnt change anything then when I got home I hooked the fan back up properly and and let it run in my driveway and the fan would kick on when the gauge would get about halfway and then it was running pretty well nice and cool ( not as cool as it used to but still below halfway. Then the other night I was driving up a four lane road and it started to show hot again and when me and my friend stopped I noticed when I would give it a little gas it would peg the temp gauge and when I let it idle it would come down some. Other than the gauge showing hot it has no other obvious sign of overheating. Any idea if it needs a thermostat or a tempature sending unit or what? I suppose I could find the adapter I need and hook my manual gauge up and actually see if it is overheating

Here is a video of what it is doing any advise would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KT7vH4GB8c
By 95dx2drwht
#312802 You were low on water, WHY?
At operating temperature, are both hoses hot / warm?
Is this the original radiator, or a replacement?
Any visible seeping of coolant from the waterpump weep hole?
Any visible coolant near hose ends.Pay attention to IACV small hoses near waterpump.
By EJ1_MK
#312842 ok two things you need to put a new relay in and see if that kicks the fan back on. Second I would start looking around all hose connections like 95dx2drwht said, after check inside to make sure you don't have a leak from the heater core, after that might be a good idea to do a leak down and a compression test. car gets that hot, might have popped the head gasket. Best to check all that you can.

Does it not let you rev it past 1500 rpm, in neutral?