Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By rak511
#311945 Bought a greddy evo2 exhaust from a friend of mine and the silencer in the muffler was pounded in with a hammer so its in there pretty tight... any1 know a way to pull it out?
By SL93ex
#311949 take some 3/16 or bigger steel rod (the frames from those crap political signs works good), bend a hook into both ends, stick into silencer and hook the end of the pipe, grab the other end with vice grips and whack it out with a hammer.

Just to clarify before you go to jail for vandalism, I mean those stupid signs that people put up in yards for advertising whatever...
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
SL93ex wrote:Just to clarify before you go to jail for vandalism, I mean those stupid signs that people put up in yards for advertising whatever...

:lol:
By Ahkten
#311970 Put some WD40 around the edges of the silencer too, let that stuff set in for a bit. I literally installed my exhaust last week and had the same issue. WD40 helps alot!
By rak511
#312016 Haha... thanks for the advice... im gonna be trying to get it out today... so ill let you guys know how it goes :p
By rak511
#312029 Well ive had no luck with pulling it out with the "hook"... grabbed the end with the vice grips... pulled as hard as i culd with them and used the hammer as much as i culd and it wont even move a bit... and i drenched the thing with wd40 as much as i culd
By crazy-88
#312055 heat usually helps things, so maybe try driving around then give it another try?
By rak511
#312064 Ya... i was thinking same idea of heat... ill give that a try
By SL93ex
#312091 as a rule of thumb, use a hammer twice as large for extraction as used for installation :hehe:

seriously though, best of luck... if a poor man's slide hammer didn't get it out i'm at a loss
By neo27ny
#313144 If you're not worried about damaging the silencer then you have plenty of options. I had the same thing happen on my crx w/ skunk2 exhaust. I just put the claw end of a hammer in the silencer hole pulled and twisted until it started to move slightly then went around prying evenly until it came out. Just be careful not to mess up the exhaust tip. Good luck. :thumb: