Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Adrian91
#222646 So ive had to tie my hood down for the longest time and it really got annoying. So after weeks of trying to find a good hood latch and cable at the junk yard i finally came across one today and couldnt pass it up. Here is a step by step on how to replace those.

Start off by taking the front bumper off... You will see these large flat screws right in front of the hood latch, take those off, to get the front bumper off.

After doing so unscrew the hood latch from the car. 3 10mm bolts.

When pulling the hood latch up, disconnect the cable, sorry no picture but common sense once you see it.

I then took off the side skirt to get access to the hidden bolts for the fender.

Make sure you have a nice spot to put the bumper, fender and side skirt so it wont get scratched. It was a nice day so i set it on the grass.

When taking off the fender be very careful. You will see a bolt that was hidden by the sideskirt.

Then open the door and you will see another bolt about half way up the fender in the middle.

And then one on the top.

Next turn steering wheel all the way to the right. And get under the car (no need to raise it on a jack). Look under the fender right next to the sidemarker. There is a bolt (where my rusted circle spot is). Take that out. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT... There are these pins that come out the back of the sidemarker that go through 2 holes in the fender. Be VERY careful not to snap those. (you will see it just to the right of the bolt)

Then you are ready to pull the fender off... TADA!!!!

You will see a series of these kinda clips holding the cable in... be very careful not to break any (in my case i still kept the ones from the junkyard for this purpose). Follow the cable and keep taking the clips out

Sorry no picture but right in back of the driver side headlight the cable is on a hook type thing, slide the cable off the hook (just need to push with fingers).

Sorry no picture but release cable from hood release lever inside car, common sense when you see it. pull old cable out, slide new cable back in same way. Re-route the new cable the same way it came out. Re-clip everything.

When Putting everything back togother remember to be careful of those 2 plastic pin things on the back of the side marker. You might need to re-align the fender to the hood, just keep the 3 screws on top of the fender in the engine bay loose, close the hood, move the fender to re-align it. Open hood, and tighten the screws. And your Golden!!!
By dialup
#335432 Great tut.

The clips are a pain to get out without breaking them. I just picked a cable up from the scrap yard and just snapped every clip to get it out. Putting it into my EG is going to be fun!
By Punksz6
#335434 :thumb: