Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By vtec_gloucester
#19150 its a temp sensor in the cat... its not nooked up to the ECU at all.

what civic you got mate? because i was under the impression that its only JDM civics that have the temp sensor in the cat? but you have a UKDM reg plate.

anyway, when i de-cated my sir2 i just cut the wire to the sensor (the light comes on) but then earthed the wire (light goes off)
By bobjimwilly
vtec_gloucester wrote:its a temp sensor in the cat... its not nooked up to the ECU at all.

what civic you got mate? because i was under the impression that its only JDM civics that have the temp sensor in the cat? but you have a UKDM reg plate.

anyway, when i de-cated my sir2 i just cut the wire to the sensor (the light comes on) but then earthed the wire (light goes off)

It is a JDM civic - 1992 1.5 SOHC VTEC - registered in UK in 1999 so I guess the DVLA found a reg plate for correct year :?

thanks for info - booked in for tommorrow at garage to have a look at cat, see if it needs replacing.
Last edited by bobjimwilly on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By projecthonda
#19180 we dont have that here in PI :?

but afaik its over-heat
By vtec_gloucester
bobjimwilly wrote:
vtec_gloucester wrote:its a temp sensor in the cat... its not nooked up to the ECU at all.

It is a JDM civic - 1002 1.5 SOHC VTEC - registered in UK in 1999 so I guess the DVLA found a reg plate for correct year :?

thanks for info - booked in for tommorrow at garage to have a look at cat, see if it needs replacing.

i ment its a UK size plate, not that its an actual UK plate... lol

off course it would have a UK plate on it because its now a UK car, but they are usually JAP sized rather than the UK rectangle ones.

am i making sense?

back to the cat, good luck trying to find a JDM sized cat :thumbdown:
there about as rare as rocking horse shit... :shock:
By bobjimwilly
vtec_gloucester wrote:i ment its a UK size plate, not that its an actual UK plate... lol

off course it would have a UK plate on it because its now a UK car, but they are usually JAP sized rather than the UK rectangle ones.

am i making sense?

back to the cat, good luck trying to find a JDM sized cat :thumbdown:
there about as rare as rocking horse shit... :shock:

I see what u mean about reg plates.

With regards to Cat - I hope they can fit one - its starting to make strange vibrating noises now in low revs and generally sounding rougher by the day.

:(
By vtec_gloucester
#19237 your prob gunna wanna change the o2 sensor aswell then mate, and check the CEL light...

check for any other fault codes, better safe than sorry :thumb:

any way, if will prob be cheaper for you to buy a UK sized cat and mod the exhaust :)
By asianrob
#19258 http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/whats ... prodID=200

JDM ITR 2.5 inch STOCK CAT for 100 bucks a nice little up grade haha
By vtec_gloucester
#19260 you guys get all the cheap parts!

$100 = ?49.50

now ITR JDM cats sell for ?100 easy over here, thats $201.80

:shock:
By bobjimwilly
#19301 might be a future mod, bit short on cash atm tbh.

had it looked at this morning - first time ive had a good look under car - and exhaust/cat are all fine - no rust/holes and mechanic said nowt wrong with cat.

He said I would have to go to another garage that has emissions equipment to see if thats whats causing the light to come on - but I thought vtec_gloucester said it is a temp sensor on cat that causes light to come on?

where exactly on cat is this sensor and is it easy to change? :?
By vtec_gloucester
#19304 if you cant see it in the cat while your under the car then you aint got one mate... hence why the light is on. lol

while your looking at the cat under the car it is bolted into the top of the cat with the wire going up into the body.

i'll find a pic of my old cat :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
bobjimwilly wrote:might be a future mod, bit short on cash atm tbh.

had it looked at this morning - first time ive had a good look under car - and exhaust/cat are all fine - no rust/holes and mechanic said nowt wrong with cat.

He said I would have to go to another garage that has emissions equipment to see if thats whats causing the light to come on - but I thought vtec_gloucester said it is a temp sensor on cat that causes light to come on?

where exactly on cat is this sensor and is it easy to change? :?

Did this guy physically drop the exhaust and look through the cat?? Or did he just put the car up and look at it from the outside?? :eh:
By vtec_gloucester
#19306 Image

you can see the sensor on the left hand side :thumb:
By bobjimwilly
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:
Did this guy physically drop the exhaust and look through the cat?? Or did he just put the car up and look at it from the outside?? :eh:

I know he took it off coz he was just putting it back on while I was there, but that's all I know... feel a bit of a twat now - should have checked it myself :oops:

Thanks for pic vtec_gloucester, that pic is a great help. Really need to get it up in the air myself.

One last question, if I was to buy a new cat sensor (is that the correct name for the part?) do you know how much I'm looking at in GBP and which model should I get one for? People always look at you "gone out" when you mention 1.5 vtec - "ARE YOU SURE IT'S NOT A 1.6 - HONDA NEVER DID A 1.5 VTEC" ... idiots. :x
would I be ok getting one for a later/different model?

Thanks for all your help so far...
By vtec_gloucester
#19309 get your chasis number to me, i'll get you a price on the part :thumb:

i'll get you a price on the cat and the sensor if ya want?

i bet i can get the 2 parts for less than honda can get one of the parts for :thumb:
By stefan
#19417 The engine is a D15B8 then?
You should be able to run a decent aftermarket exhaust system (header, decat and catback) for a UKDM/EDM Civic if you take all 3 parts of the system.
Should give you a few more horsepower as well :)

When the sensor ?s connected (one way or another) to the ECU, I think it's possible to chip your ECU and turn the cat-light off, using a program like eCtune or Crome, so you end up with a better running engine ?nd turned off the cat-light ;)