Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By bobjimwilly
#19034 Does anyone know what the red warning light towards the top left of my dash is please? :(
I thought it was something to do with exhaust, possibly exhaust manifold (or header for those in states) but not sure?

And zoomed in:

It is on constantly, from moment I turn Ignition on, and stays on while engine is running. (No other warning lights are on)

(Just for confirmation, I know other two lights that are in picture are obviously handbrake and seatbelt warning lights)
By asianrob
#19036 check engine light...... you have a Eurpean gauge cluster? but lm check
By asianrob
#19037 i think thats where the US seat belt light it is i for got what it was lol maybe TCS? but it would say TCS so thats not it..... Low gas?! no thats on the gas gauge it self....ummm possible i forgot my bro has the JDM gauge cluster i'll look later lol it'll say in your Owner's manual if you still have it
By Gorveatt
#19038 Its a catolyitic converter warning light, I think it indicates that it is clogged or over heated.
By bobjimwilly
Gorveatt wrote:Its a catolyitic converter warning light, I think it indicates that it is clogged or over heated.

*phew* at least I can carry on driving till I get it booked in then.
Thanks for that! :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#19042 If your cats in bad shape, might as well replace your o2 sensors also, start over fresh. :thumb:
By bobjimwilly
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:If your cats in bad shape, might as well replace your o2 sensors also, start over fresh. :thumb:

I liked it better when it was just replacing the cat :o

lol I better go away and check GBP prices now then - unless you can give me a heads up? :?
By ChicagoMike
#19047 The only reason I said that was because if your cat is messed up and clogged, chances are is done some damage/clogging to the o2 sensors as well.

Those sensors help tell the car how to run, I'd want to make sure the ECU is getting acurate readings from the sensors.
By yankee92vx
#19049 replace che cat with a straight pipe :?
By bobjimwilly
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:The only reason I said that was because if your cat is messed up and clogged, chances are is done some damage/clogging to the o2 sensors as well.

Those sensors help tell the car how to run, I'd want to make sure the ECU is getting acurate readings from the sensors.

makes sense, cheers for advice! :thumb:

yankee92vx wrote:replace che cat with a straight pipe :?

would this do:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-CRX-S-S-DECAT-DE-CAT-PIPE-EXHAUST
:hehe:

on a serious note, would it affect exhaust emissions? MOT testers can be quite strict over here - and I can't remember what year the law starts from in UK but after a certain year cars must have a cat on to pass MOT. will double check...
By yankee92vx
#19053 in that case check before you de-cat :)
By ChicagoMike
#19065 No cat=FAIL

Just run the test pipe until its time for emissions, then just unbolt the pipe, and connect the cat. Thats what I do every year or two.
By bobjimwilly
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:No cat=FAIL

Just run the test pipe until its time for emissions, then just unbolt the pipe, and connect the cat. Thats what I do every year or two.

does test pipe = straight pipe that just replaces cat? :?
By ChicagoMike
bobjimwilly wrote:
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:No cat=FAIL

does test pipe = straight pipe that just replaces cat? :?

Yup! :thumb:
By ohDirka
#19079 id suggest taking care of this soon, a friend of mine has his civic go up in flames b/c the cat was so clogged