Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Benji_Esi
#18135 I'd like to pay my last respects to my civic, driving on a back road on monday night, about 11pm, when i came around a blind corner and there was a deer standing in the middle of the road.

I hit the brakes, skidded across the road hitting the kerb, flew ten feet through the air, hit three trees coming to rest head-on against a tree.

Seen as it was a national speed limit road i was doing 50mph or thereabout, police reports indicate that the impact energy was equal to that of a 100mph collision given lateral energy and impact factors.

The car is obviously a complete wreck but I walked out of it with nothing more than some bruises on my leg and a cut on my arm - pretty much a miracle.

The police and hospital staff are adament that I should be dead, so in that respect the car saved my life.

The car gave me some of the best times in my life, and at the end of the day if there's something on the road then there's not much you can do about it at short notice. Although I dont have a civic anymore i'm gonna stick around on the forum - You guys are the nuts!

FRONT SHOT

LEFT SIDE COMPLETELY FUCKED
SIDE IMPACT BAR THAT SAVED MY LIFE
ALLOY SHATTERED, BRAKE DISC SHATTERED, EVEN THE CALIPER SNAPPED IN HALF
WHOLE AXLE TWISTED SO THE CAR IS WARPED (LOOK AT THE HANDBRAKE)
GEARBOX SNAPPED, HANDBRAKE VISIBLY SHIFTED
JUST A MESS. The battery was relocated to the glove box.

I can't believe I walked out of this.
By Benji_Esi
#18136 I think it might polish...
By ChicagoMike
#18139 Damn deer. :x

The MAIN thing is that you're okay!! It totally sucks about your car.......but at the same time.....its just a car. I'm sure you'll bounce back with something better. :thumb:

Keep your head up!!
By Benji_Esi
#18141 i'm gonna get a cheap run around for a bit, work up my insurance no claims and get something better a year or so down the line.

It's gonna suck not having a quick car anymore...but I think i'll fill the void by taking up a hobby...maybe deer hunting or something :twisted:
By ChicagoMike
Benji_Esi wrote:maybe deer hunting or something :twisted:

That made me lol!! :lol:
By Benji_Esi
#18143 Incidently the deer was found dead...it was the size of a fuckin horse.

So it would appear that Tree> Civic > Deer
By fresh eh2*
#18144 damn ur car is hurttt, but like addictive said the main thing is that nothing happend to you and u walked away from a horrible accident. good thing ur ok :thumb: ......
By Benji_Esi
#18145 cheers bro..yeah she was in a bad way...

The crank shaft was ripped out of the block

It's sad, but I guess it happens

Like you said, I walked away from a pretty messy accident, I'm really lucky
By ChicagoMike
#18149 You think down the road you'll get another EG??
By Benji_Esi
#18150 I loved the speed, the looks and the comfort. But the lack of abs/airbags has made me wonder. If I had abs would it have made a difference? I wouldn't have went into full lock and flew off the road...It's a question that's been hounding me.

I know for a fact i'll be having another honda. I might get a new civic on finance, i'm just looking at what's on offer the now on the net.

I loved the EG to bits, everything about it made me happy every time I drove it, but it did have it's faults too.

I guess somewhere down the line I would have one for a toy, a bit of fun and a track day car...but not a daily drive, I travel the back roads and motorway a lot so I need the safety specs increased i think
By Benji_Esi
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can always get an EK

I'm bruised, not concussed lol

The most damage that I've taken is on my arm, the door was wedged against a branch so I had to punch through the glass to un wedge it...my arms a bit cut. but it's a small price to pay!
By Benji_Esi
#18158 Actually, my step-dads dad is selling his vti EK

I dont think the insurance company would play ball though lol

I was ?2k for the esi a year t.p.f.t. ffs
By Benji_Esi
#18159 come to think of it, i really should have set fire to it lol