Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Gorveatt
#31265 oh shit you're right....hmmmm
By LowTEC-Derbo
#31340 just found out the low beams dont turn off when you flash the highs...only when you leave hi on it will turn off the lows.. so i temporarily have the highs setup to the stock harness for now.
By Gorveatt
#39405 Ok so an update for the HID's, I ordered shrouds the other day, and have a set of black housing headlights to use for new lens' to replace my broken one. but ive had an idea and i'm not quite sure how it would look on white...

what do you guys think? chrome reflector, but black bottom portion, the black housing will not be used, i'm going to readjust the projector so they aim higher. and fix an adjuster screw as well. since it stripped on me..

so.. yay or nay? :lol:
By Gorveatt
#39432 i've been debating it, give it a bit of the stormtrooper look :D lol, but more so cause there is light reflecting from the bottom of the reflector bowl
By LowTEC-Derbo
Gorveatt wrote:i've been debating it, give it a bit of the stormtrooper look :D lol, but more so cause there is light reflecting from the bottom of the reflector bowl

thats the reason I did mine. I was getting extra glare from the shroud. I had to sand it.

there was alot of light hitting the lower part of my shroud. The blue tape was there to see if making it nonreflective surface would do anything.

only half-ass decent shot of my hids..RIGHT before I leveled the left side haha.
By Gorveatt
#39605 i'm starting to think i may not paint it black, but rather paint it with a silver/chrome paint that isn't as reflective as the headlight itself

and Derbo those are bitchen, you should get a shoot with them like wall shots, both perpendicular and parallel, to show the cutoff and drop of them :thumb:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#39613 that works too. I initially wanted to paint it satin silver but I started to like the black rim around the projector too. hahah.

yea i'll do that when it stops raining so much and I figure out where to get good output shots. I'll probably do one when I get my rear foglight installed as well.

and here is how mine look with the black centers

By Norbi_cvc
#78092 hi!

I know this is an old topic.

But I decided to do a retrofit. I already have an aftermarket kit ("h4 Bixe") in my clear lens headlight, but the high beams cannot be adjusted good enough.

Now I'll buy a pair of bosch bixenon projectors (out of bmw e46 m3) and a d2s adaptor to fit my aftermarket ballasts.

I've two questions here.

1., How do you wire up the high beam solenoids o the projectors.

2., How did you find the proper place in the headlight for the projectors ( so its not too far forward etc)
So how did you mount it in the right place.

If you have any information about these, plaese let me know...

Thank you,
By Gorveatt
Norbi_cvc wrote:hi!

I know this is an old topic.

But I decided to do a retrofit. I already have an aftermarket kit ("h4 Bixe") in my clear lens headlight, but the high beams cannot be adjusted good enough.

Now I'll buy a pair of bosch bixenon projectors (out of bmw e46 m3) and a d2s adaptor to fit my aftermarket ballasts.

I've two questions here.

1., How do you wire up the high beam solenoids o the projectors.

2., How did you find the proper place in the headlight for the projectors ( so its not too far forward etc)
So how did you mount it in the right place.

If you have any information about these, plaese let me know...

Thank you,

You'll need a harness for Bixenon to work properly. other wise your solenoids wont work properly, and with the EG's being setup to turn off the low when switching to high beam, you'll need the harness to allow both to be on at the same time,

as for mounting, it's more of a measure and check for clearance, type of thing, you'll want to make sure you that you have them rotationally aligned as well to ensure that they aren't angled wrong.

My advised is to go Here: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=21
and join the forum then research you hole off, as this type of thing is something best done right the first time, otherwise it's incredibly aggravating, and a major headache. as well can set ya back money as well
By Norbi_cvc
#78119 well, like i said I've already have an aftermarket bixenon kit in the clear headlights.
it is a h4 bi xenon, it has low and high beams, so I guess the harness is OK. am I wrong?
I'm confused about the solenoid wiring. 3 wires coming out of it. Which is which?

I will put the projector midline pararell the lines in the reflector, is that a right way to aling the stuff? (so it wont be rotated...)

otherwise I think that the middle of the projector needs to be at the same position where the halogen was.

I dont want to cut out of the reflector more then I really need to. Is there any idea how to cut the smallest hole for the proj?

Sorry for the noob questions... :roll: