Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Gorveatt
#27767 Actually im' going to pull this apart and replace it, cause i just found out that it's only good for 200f :( i want something a little more resilient then that
By Gorveatt
#27769 FUCK!!!!

well 'im back to step one :x :x Tried to take the lens off thinking it wasn't stuck cause i hadn't sealed it yet. and cracked the fucking lens :x :x :x

EDIT* I have decided to just say fuck it, and seal this one as best i can and just use em, then next year to get new headlights and redo them :x
By ChicagoMike
#27770 Damn dude, thats a pisser. I hate it when shit like that happens. :thumbdown:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#27773 that definitely sucks :(

I have a good sealant for oyu to use next time. its part 8012 from 3M windshield sealant.. its like Butyl material that is what OEM nissan uses on their headlights to seal it.

oh yea and here is a pic of mine.. i have pits in my headlights since they are used :thumbdown:

By Gorveatt
#27790 yeah i have decided to just glue it for now and use it, then order new headlights later on and replace the lens, i'm just pissed that it happened :x
By Gorveatt
#27792 Oh and Lowtech-Derbo i have kind of a positive outlook on this situation now, i have decided that since i have to rip apart the headlight later on, that i'm going to get a better shroud and make it more pretty, maybe even break down and spend the $100+ for some E46 shrouds :thumb:
By LowTEC-Derbo
Gorveatt wrote:Oh and Lowtech-Derbo i have kind of a positive outlook on this situation now, i have decided that since i have to rip apart the headlight later on, that i'm going to get a better shroud and make it more pretty, maybe even break down and spend the $100+ for some E46 shrouds :thumb:

i actually work at BMW, i can try and talk to the body shop to see if they have any broken headlights laying around. :thumb:
By Gorveatt
#27822 You sir would be my savior if you could do that, hell if i could get a spare set of complete headlights i would be golden :thumb:
By Gorveatt
#27824 Well they are done... for now, once i get the funds and such to finish them to the point i want, which requires new headlights, and a new shroud (good ones are expensive) they are going to stay the way they are for now, if they suck cause of how they are now then i may just say fuck it and go back to the old setup. anyway, here are the completed pics

I know i promised a DIY on this, but with the cracked headlight it has detered me from it. I will do a write up for how it SHOULD be done, and post that sometime soon after they are installed, and just use my pics as reference.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#27825 where did you get the rubber back end from? i need to find myself something like that. i was thinking like getting something from the hardware store.
By Gorveatt
#27827 came with the headlights :whip:
By Gorveatt
#28790 Here's some pics of the retrofit, they need to be adjusted higher, the passenger is low.. too low, the verticle adjuster is stripped and wont move, i can move it by hand and the slightest bump makes it fall again :x, and i mounted the projectors on a downward angle so that doesn't helop any too :x

Before(7000k HID Kit)

see how is't alot wider then the kit, (brighter in person too then the kit)

Cut off pics
By york62
#28795 those will look good in your car man! :thumb:
By Gorveatt
york62 wrote:those will look good in your car man! :thumb:

they are in my car :wink: will get a pic tomorrow
By york62
Gorveatt wrote:
york62 wrote:those will look good in your car man! :thumb:

they are in my car :wink: will get a pic tomorrow

ohh sweet man, now that you have this done with whats next?