Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By 99cx
#175487 okay so i have a decision to make of what to put in my eg hatch
just want to know what one will preform better and be more reliable. and maybe what one would be easier to upgrade. :)

the first candidate is a B16 2nd Gen full swap
JDM motor low mileage good condition
B16a3 del sol tranny, type R flywheel,
comes with motor,tranny,linkage,axles,ecu,megan hi flow performance header,

i can get all this for 1300$ comes with a new clutch aswell.

second option is a h22a j spec
comes complete with manuel tranny wiring harness mounts and shifter cabels ready to be installed in a 92 to 95 honda civic hatch/coupe
runs really good has about 80 000 km on it .intake manifold ported out and minor port work done on head .

again i get it all for around 1300$

i hear the H22 has more output?

what one should i go with?
:?
By suspendedHatch
#175491 I'd get the OBD1 B16. H22 makes more power but it's more of a mess with all the extra custom parts. And also look at the gearing. Take the money you'll save and put it into the B16. Much more fun. Don't focus on numbers.
By 99cx
#175498 okay thanks, is there any way in which the H22 is better?

and also the B16 does not come with mounts or harness.
will i be using the stock harness in my civic and i heard i will need integra mounts?
By suspendedHatch
#175746 Well... H22 is 2.2 liters, B16 is 1.6 liters. H22 has the displacement but the B16 trans has the short gearing and is a perfect fit w/no custom parts required. Even better would be a B18C1. The GSR motor has 1.8 liters displacement and short gearing and is the same as swapping a B16.

You'll need one or two mounts. I would personally add some wires to the stock harness but a lot of people piss their panties over simple wiring so I don't know.

Swap questions on B series are going on 12 years old. No need for me to go into detail when you could easily search this forum or any 100's of other Honda forums.
By 99cx
#175747 yeah i dont think ill have any problems finding info on doing the swap.
i guess Bigger is not always Better when swapping engines hahha
By pinky
#175816 If money is tight, or you just don't wanna spend to much, b16 for sure. If you have money to play around with and it doesn't really matter, h22. h22 would be a mean swap.
By 99cx
#175818 yeah i figured that the H22, more displacement, more power?
but then i hear everyone saying B16 will just be better?

haha dont know what to choose!
The H22 counded good because it was just taken out of a EH hatch so iy would be easier to just throw in mine.

Really wanted to do H22 with ITB's!!!!

Buttt i guess B16 would be the way??
By asianrob
#175828 id get the B16 plenty of parts for it.