General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By york62
#7771 ok so i finally get my blow by problem fixed with my catch can:D, then i found my boost leak:D now i had a problem with idle...so i cleaned both the IACV and the FITV--i think thats what its called, i adjusted the screw inside and it fixed my idle surge.

now after a bit of driving around town i come to a red light, the idle will drop to like nothing, the oil light will dimm on and off and then stay on then if i let it sit it will stall on me....but this was happening before i cleaned any of the valves..

my oil pressure at idle(500rpm) is about 10psi and at 3000rpm is 25psi

any ideas of whats going on ?
By Greasedmonkey
#7781 Idle shouldnt be a 500 to begin with, it should at least be arround 750-800. I have my idle a little higher.
By york62
#7789 can you just ajust the idle?
By eg-civic-racer
#7794 Dont qoute me here but get a screw driver and adjust it at the dizzy by screwing (a screw which should be located on the side of it) clockwise?

Can anyone back that up?
By ChicagoMike
#7797 There's a lil screw on the throttle body, thats where you adjust the idle. I'll try to find a pic.....
By ChicagoMike
#7798 Here ya go, I put an arrow to the screw.

By york62
#7802 awsome stuff thank you guys i'll go try this out tonight
By Greasedmonkey
#7823 There a certain proceedure that you do need to follow to correctly adjust the idle. You might want to look that up.
By york62
#7828 ya i was gonna just ajust it, then i thought the same thing so i'll do some looking around...but it coudl also be caused by a worn engine, i have been driving it hard on stock internals with 10 psi for like 6 monthes...time for a rebuild