General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By eg-civic-racer
#7309 Was at crail at the weekend there and saw a civic using launch control.

Def the way forward for me, done the search but finding it hard to find info on how its done and what engines it fits, where to get one? :?

Any help would be appreciated :thumb:

Mark
By ChicagoMike
#7310 Are you refering to the 2-step?
By eg-civic-racer
#7311 i dont know to be honest!!

In simple terms, the boy was sitting at the lights with the throttle on full and a foot on the brake. The engine was sitting at about 3000 revs and as soon as the lights turned green he released the brake and off it shot!

Does this help?
By ChicagoMike
#7315 Yeah, thats what we call the 2-step. Certain engine managment systems come with this feature. I know the Hondata S300, and AEM EMS have it for sure. I also have this feature. You have the clutch pushed in and you just floor the gas. It will hold it at whatever RPM you set it for. As soon as the VSS sences that the car is moving, it turns the 2-step off and lets the RPM's go all the way up. I'll try to get a vid up of my car banging the 2-step, mines set at 6000 RPM's (thats way high for all motor) but it throws fire out the back.
By eg-civic-racer
#7318 COOL, so it comes as a standard package ten when you put in a Hondata ecu.......

Cant wait to see this vid! :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#7324 its not standard. just on certain ones. Mostly hondata s300
By chnzgoofball
Greasedmonkey wrote:its not standard. just on certain ones. Mostly hondata s300

x2
By york62
#7384 i have it in my chrome setup...its set too low tho i have it at 3500rpm.
By eg-civic-racer
Yeah, thats what we call the 2-step. Certain engine managment systems come with this feature. I know the Hondata S300, and AEM EMS have it for sure. I also have this feature. You have the clutch pushed in and you just floor the gas. It will hold it at whatever RPM you set it for. As soon as the VSS sences that the car is moving, it turns the 2-step off and lets the RPM's go all the way up. I'll try to get a vid up of my car banging the 2-step, mines set at 6000 RPM's (thats way high for all motor) but it throws fire out the back.

Wheres this vid? lol :wink:
By Greasedmonkey
#7824 Id like to have it set up on my crome chip. Imma have to ask my chipper about that. though I do more autox than drag.