General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By vtec_gloucester
#7322 i can say ive never heard of that engine code but there are loads of different engine codes so that one could have slipped past me. lol

the engines i said above have the best bang for buck and will go straight in your car!

i should know - i have one in my car. lol
By Benji_Esi
#7323 sweet mate, lol.

I didn't know how compatible they would be. I've got my dad doin my nut in saying he's now gettin a 2.0 turbo lump for the calibra if i get my upgrade, my mum tellin me the insurance will be too much so the last thing i needed was the engine not to fit :lol:

How did it affect your reliability/economy?

i'm gettin 60 miles (driven harshly) or 90 miles on the motorway sat at 70 in 5th for a tenner at the mo which i can cope with.

The more I hear about the swap the less tht'll probably go wrong. cheers for that site btw, it's a blinder :thumb:
By vtec_gloucester
#7348 reliability is always down to how well you do the work really but the engine, being honda is bullet proof so wont be to many problems!

you should always expect one or two things to go wrong in first few months though... just because your putting an engine in a car that doesnt come with that engine as stanard - if you know what i mean?

you will notice that you will use alot more fuel but you should expect that really - going from a 130bhp engine to a 200bhp engine :D

but for me, it cost me ?40 to fill up and i will get 250 - 300 miles to that tank.

as for your dad putting a 2.0ltr turbo engine in his car - you wont have any problem beating it with the JDM teggy engine! ive smoked plenty of then around my area!

i mean all of them from the mk3 astra 2.0ltr turbo, mk4 astra turbo, calibra 2.0ltr turbos, etc, etc...

vauxhalls you need to worry about is the new astra and clio VXR's - i aint raced either yet but i bet it would be close!
By Benji_Esi
#7359 hmmmm, I think that there's something wrong with my d16 then lol, i put ?25 the other day and only got just over 150 miles with it, looks like i'll be gettin the same from the teggy engine.

At the end of the day it's gonna be reliable, fast and sound immense (i hope!) so i think that's my plan.

I wish i wasn't a student, if i was working full time I could plough money into it, it's gonna take me a while to scrape the cash together. I think i'll get the engine and keep it in my grandads garage about august...i'll drop it in once the insurance cools down, i'm being absoloutly owned by insurance at the mo as it is.

Cheers for all the help dude, you've put my mind at ease, only problem is now i want the swap so bad! :lol:
By vtec_gloucester
#7361 :thumb: glad to help :thumb: