General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By teal_dx
#3243 What kind of spark plugs is everybody running? I've always used NGK's, just the regular cheap ones from the parts store. There are so many "performance" ones out there, I'm wondering if it is worth the $$, or stick with the tried & true NGK's?

motor is a D16z6, just rebuilt and going to be started for the first time soon... 8)
Also, the turbo will be going on shortly after... so I want some plugs that will work good for that as well.
By ChicagoMike
#3244 I run the regular old NGK's along with the NGK wires. Never had any problems.
By asianrob
#3273 NGK-R's
By vtec_gloucester
eg8ferio wrote:NGK-R's

+1
By sihatch9508
#3339 Bosch Platinum +2(prong)
By ChicagoMike
sihatch9508 wrote:Bosch Platinum +2(prong)

When I was on nitrous I ran the Bosch Platinum 4 prongs, they were okay I guess :? From here on out though I'm sticking with the NGK's.
By Jsa-SIR2
#3375 NGK-R me to 8)
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:I run the regular old NGK's along with the NGK wires. Never had any problems.

yup i run the same thing had no problems so far!
By sihatch9508
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:
sihatch9508 wrote:Bosch Platinum +2(prong)

When I was on nitrous I ran the Bosch Platinum 4 prongs, they were okay I guess :? From here on out though I'm sticking with the NGK's.

i had ZEX plugs until i was driving home from work today with an open header(before i welded my test pipe) and it started running like shit and got it home and pulled off a plug wire and it stayed running the same and the 4 prongs on the plug smashed into the ignitor on the plug