General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Trix
#327749 i would like some opinions on building a motor, or buying a motor?
which one would be the best way or even the simplest way? bc im thinking i want to swap a b16 in my sedan, but dont have the 2k for the motor when i can get a b16a block for 550 bucks
By TrailerTrash
#327781 a block is a long way from a running motor.
By Fada Blayne
TrailerTrash wrote:a block is a long way from a running motor.

Definately
By Trix
#327844 yes that is true guys but it would technically be a start, and a good learing experience since i have always wanted to learn how to build an engine especially a civic engine
By FG2_Andrew
#327847 But that doesn't make sense. You say you don't have enough to buy X motor.. Building a decent motor isn't exactly cheap either.
By Trix
#327848 thats also true, but im not going to drop lets say 1k on pistons or shit like that, just basically building it with stock parts and getting it running, and be like damn i just built a motor
By TrailerTrash
#327856 it would be much easier to buy a complete b16a and rebuild it. rather than buy a block and then have to find and find and purchase every single part to make it a complete running engine
By bigpunn421
#327895 do you have the tools required to build said engine? do you have room and time to do so?

ooo ya you need $$$$ too. i would suggest having more $$$ than it will cost to rebuild it or swap it in because things always seem to pop up. and they cost money

swaping a motor is like legos now but you need all the required parts just like a lego kit or you will be building a imcomplete car.

i would suggest saving money wuntil you have enough for everything you want.

dont start something without the resources to finish it.

ooo another thing what if that block requires machining?

i would suggest to read and watch as many things you cN to learn