General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By HeikDiesel
#326291 Or save $100+ and go Neptune.
By kylenjdm93
#326306 True neptune rtp demon, it has antitheft feature also :thumb: not sure how good it is but the ecu junk is good stuff like hondata here's the website check it out

http://www.hrtuning.com/pages/category/neptune-rtp
By bigpunn421
#326317 i have neptune now and i am upgrading to s300. my good local tuners from synapse suggested it. they said just by switching engine management they could tune it better. making it more reliable and more power.
By kylenjdm93
bigpunn421 wrote:i have neptune now and i am upgrading to s300. my good local tuners from synapse suggested it. they said just by switching engine management they could tune it better. making it more reliable and more power.

I agree with hondata, aem is proven better than hondata as far as programming. ask any good known reputable tuner
By bigpunn421
kylenjdm93 wrote:
bigpunn421 wrote:i have neptune now and i am upgrading to s300. my good local tuners from synapse suggested it. they said just by switching engine management they could tune it better. making it more reliable and more power.

I agree with hondata, aem is proven better than hondata as far as programming. ask any good known reputable tuner

it all depends on what version of the aem your refering to.

i perfer the s300 over the v1 aem ems.

also for me aem costs more to buy and cost more to tune.

id look at the misfire problems the aem unit has with the distributer cars too. most of my buddies needed to upgrade there ingition system.

i know a bunch of locals with all types of tuning softwares and each one is right for each owner.

for me s300>aem on a street car and aem>s300 for race/track only car
By JUICE
#326337 RTP does everything s300 can and its cheaper, works for me. My tuner prefers the RTP but I think that's just cause him and hondata have had their differences in the past (hondata tried to sue him or some shit). :lol:

But yea, the only descent "chip" left was eCtune and they've gone down the crapper lately.
By asianrob
#326416 i would go with the S300 or AEM EMS over just a "chip" or even a socket ed chip cause later down the road when you do more stuff you'll be glad to have it, instead of spending the money later on down the road.
By HeikDiesel
JUICE wrote:RTP does everything s300 can and its cheaper, works for me. My tuner prefers the RTP

x2

Very user friendly. RTP allows the user to make adjustments if necessary.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
HeikDiesel wrote:
JUICE wrote:RTP does everything s300 can and its cheaper, works for me. My tuner prefers the RTP

x2

Very user friendly. RTP allows the user to make adjustments if necessary.

i tried to google it and didnt get much for buying it..does any one have any links by chance??
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
Fada Blayne wrote:Come on son :lol:

http://www.hrtuning.com/pages/category/neptune-rtp

lmao..i swear i tried looking it up...i kept getting random jewelery :lol: :lol:

thanks !!!
By jred
1-low-92-EG-Sedan wrote:to be honest i dont want to messwith the injectors for 2reasons..
1-its more money i have to put up right now
2-i dont know where to start and whats the difference if i need a resistor box or not???

thanks for all the replies guys :thumb: :thumb:

i was also asking bout injectors awhile back, here's what i came across:
there is two types of injectors Saturated and Peak and Hold
Saturated : dont use the resistor box
Peak and Hold: requires the resister box
Most of the newer honda engines comes with the saturated 1992 and up, while the older ones uses the Peak and Hold. So i would buy depending on the year of engine.
I was told to not to select injectors base on compression but on HP rating
here's a usefull table to calculate injector size to be used : http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx
the one you'll want to use is the Fuel Injector Worksheet at the bottom of the page.. :thumb:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
jred wrote:
1-low-92-EG-Sedan wrote:to be honest i dont want to messwith the injectors for 2reasons..
1-its more money i have to put up right now
2-i dont know where to start and whats the difference if i need a resistor box or not???

thanks for all the replies guys :thumb: :thumb:

i was also asking bout injectors awhile back, here's what i came across:
there is two types of injectors Saturated and Peak and Hold
Saturated : dont use the resistor box
Peak and Hold: requires the resister box
Most of the newer honda engines comes with the saturated 1992 and up, while the older ones uses the Peak and Hold. So i would buy depending on the year of engine.
I was told to not to select injectors base on compression but on HP rating
here's a usefull table to calculate injector size to be used : http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx
the one you'll want to use is the Fuel Injector Worksheet at the bottom of the page.. :thumb:

NICE LINK MAN!!!..that helped ALOT.... :thumb: :thumb: