General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 94 EG Hatch
teal_dx wrote:Find someone with an old blown motor with a spun bearing. You'll probably get it for dirt cheap and have fun taking it apart. Best way to learn is doing it yourself after reading how. :thumb:

I agree 100%, teal! I have a friend Nico that is into Euro Tuners and he is trying hard to learn about engines. I have my old 2.2L L61 Ecotec Cylinder Head assembly laying behind my EG, which you can see in quite a few of my pics lol. Anyhow, he comes over and I help him figure out which parts are which, what they do, how they work / move, etc, etc. We have gotten to Camshaft lobe and it's relation to pushing the rocker arms due to the cam gears being spun by a belt that goes on the crank pulley which causes the shafts to rotate and lobes to do the repetitive process lol. We are making progress haha. Couldn't agree more, man.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#311851 I learned from my brother that trial and error is expensive (13 blown engines) :lol: so read up and do your homework. start small and work your way up. i learned everything myself with the help of the guys on this forum and just doing things the right way.
By jred
#311862 Allot of research and reading DIY's online and attempting them on my own car with allot of trial and error :D