General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By LionHearted1
#305553 Hello everyone, I was in the process of swapping out my B7 intake manifold with a Z6 one, when I noticed a little nozzle, and I wasn't a 100% sure what it was.

[img][img]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee476/Alex_Lizotte/IMG_20120520_132853-1.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee476/Alex_Lizotte/IMG_20120520_132844.jpg[/img][/img]

There's another hose that connects to it underneath, which runs straight into the block, I believe it's the PCV, but I just wanted to double check with someone who was more sure than I.

Thanks for your time.
By FG2_Andrew
#305556 Just to let you know, I did that swap. Only because I had a crack on my b7. IIRC you won't see any gains from this swap, in fact, it may hurt you because the z6 intake ports are larger than the b7 head.

Maybe someone can chime in on that?
By TrailerTrash
#305559 yeah thats the PCV valve. the hose goes from that to the black box on the back of the block. be careful not to break it, they can be a pain in the ass to get out and are usually brittle. even though they are a wopping $1.97 from a parts store :lol:
By LionHearted1
Just to let you know, I did that swap. Only because I had a crack on my b7. IIRC you won't see any gains from this swap, in fact, it may hurt you because the z6 intake ports are larger than the b7 head.

Oh damn, I hope not. I'll swap them back if I have any problems, but Ive heard nothing but good things about doing this.

yeah thats the PCV valve. the hose goes from that to the black box on the back of the block. be careful not to break it, they can be a pain in the ass to get out and are usually brittle. even though they are a wopping $1.97 from a parts store

I called Advance Auto a little while ago, and they told me they werent stocking them anymore. I thought I was going to have to go through Honda...
By TrailerTrash
#305733 try auto zone or napa