General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Chambers
#288458 Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for the thickest radiator available for the Civic. I have done some looking around but I'm just not in the groove when it comes to Honda parts. So any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks.
By Chambers
#288484 Yea, I have seen a couple of them. I'm shooting for the thickest I can get, I think I'm going to send a few e-mails out to some radiator manufactures to see if they can make a 4 or 5 core.
By bks84
#288485 Why?
By Apexracing
#288496 Unless your running a big as turbo with a big ass manifold with a big ass intercooler, why the need for a 4-5 core radiator. Waste of money unless youve got a killer snail setup.
By Chambers
#288505 I have a Toyota V8 in my Supra, I just mounted a single Holset HX-35 turbo in a place that wont let the stock radiator fit, just happens that a Civic radiator has the perfect dimensions to fit where I need it. I would just need it to be very thick to handle the extra cooling capacity. If I can't get a single thick one then I'm going to run two in series; From engine to rad 1, then to rad 2, then back to the engine. So long as the radiators or level to eachother and both feed the overflow tank it will work.

Thanks for the replies!
By Apexracing
Chambers wrote:I have a Toyota V8 in my Supra, I just mounted a single Holset HX-35 turbo in a place that wont let the stock radiator fit, just happens that a Civic radiator has the perfect dimensions to fit where I need it. I would just need it to be very thick to handle the extra cooling capacity. If I can't get a single thick one then I'm going to run two in series; From engine to rad 1, then to rad 2, then back to the engine. So long as the radiators or level to eachother and both feed the overflow tank it will work.

Thanks for the replies!

Got ya thats cool. I know of 3 core radiators but would google it or check d series out.
By bks84
#288521 I think your only viable option would be a custom radiator. if you choose to go that custom twin rad route, then good luck.
By Chambers
#288587 The radiators in series has been done with sucess before, so I know it will work. As for the Integra radiator, you mean the "full width" one? If thats the one then it wont work for me, its to wide.