General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By EJ1Prospect
#274691 Like the title says I would like to know what is the best motor for top speed? I should be getting my first EJ1 tomorrow *crosses fingers* and I would like to know the prior question. So that way I won't waste time or money. please and thank you guys! :thumb:
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#274704 it depends man... whatever your budget brings you... can make d-series running 9's and k-series running 8's... whatever you want
By RWMIII
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:it depends man... whatever your budget brings you... can make d-series running 9's and k-series running 8's... whatever you want

x2

How fast you go depends on the $$
By EJ1Prospect
#274714 not to particular on the motor or the cost I just want something that can hit 160 plus consistently lol
By Gustavo
EJ1Prospect wrote:not to particular on the motor or the cost I just want something that can hit 160 plus consistently lol

:o :o :o
By RWMIII
#274723 I'd like to know where in Florida we can go that fast? I have a hard enough time keeping a steady 70mph on the way to work with the way I have to bob and weave through the old people!!!
By EJ1Prospect
#274725 lol thats right 160! hahahaha and If you go on I-75 at like 1 or 2 in the morning! NO ONE! is on the road at least where I live
By Gustavo
#274732 Y 160mph? Wat r ur goals? How much hp u trying 2 make?
By EJ1Prospect
#274736 Im a bit of a speed junkie lol like once my homeboy but me in his 800hp evo and we hit 200 I've been hooked to high speeds. lol. but umm Id say about 400-450 hp would be my goal
By Gustavo
EJ1Prospect wrote:Im a bit of a speed junkie lol like once my homeboy but me in his 800hp evo and we hit 200 I've been hooked to high speeds. lol. but umm Id say about 400-450 hp would be my goal

Hope u got deep pockets. If u wanna reach that by goin all-motor thats some serious money there. U'll probably get there quicker by going turbo but i never bin turbo'd so someone else that has can help u out. But im pretty sure u still gotta have some money 2 reach them 400-450hp.
By RWMIII
#274739 There are alot of options out there. Are you going to drive this car daily? Want to keep AC? and powersteering? Have decent gas mileage?

If I were to go that fast, I sure as hell wouldnt do it on 75!! FHP is all over that interstate!!
By RWMIII
EJ1Prospect wrote:Im a bit of a speed junkie lol like once my homeboy but me in his 800hp evo and we hit 200 I've been hooked to high speeds. lol. but umm Id say about 400-450 hp would be my goal

well an EG isnt an EVO by any means, I have owned both. I suggest doing some research on the different series of Honda motors, H, K, B, D, F, J, Etc...and make a choice on which platform you want to build on. Almost any of them can get you to 160mph quickly, its all in how you build it.
By poorman type-r
#274744 It will kill you sooner or later dude. Not telling you what to do, but basically what you already know. My uncle smacked a tree in his Honda Civic, the speedometer needle was pinned at 140 mph. He lost control due to a tire blow out, bet he would take it all back if he could, but he can't.

Anyways, back to your question. A GSR turbo with 450whp with an LS tranny will get you up to those speeds. Just know that spinning at that speed constantly will destroy your motor after a while. Be safe, dying isn't worth going fast, just go to the drag strip and run it at high speeds.