General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By goodyearrr
#272635 Hello guys, just finished my first ever head gasket and head rebuild!

The car drives a lot better than it did before, but as it was my first one, I think back through all the steps in case something could start going wrong.

My question is, if when I was placing the head on the HG and block a little oil dripped on the headgasket would it Start to fail? Or would when its torqued down, squeeze out any little drips of oil?

I did clean and wipe both surfaces had the head skimmed etc but just worried that as I'm placing it down if some were to cone out.

Any previous experiences/knowledge would be great, I'll either worry more or be relieved, cheers! :thumb:
By RWMIII
#272660 No, you will be fine. A headgasket is a compression style gasket that seals when the two parts(head/block) are tightened together and compresses the gasket. That is one reason as to why there is a specific torque sequence and specs.
By goodyearrr
RWMIII wrote:No, you will be fine. A headgasket is a compression style gasket that seals when the two parts(head/block) are tightened together and compresses the gasket. That is one reason as to why there is a specific torque sequence and specs.

Cheers mate, bit of a relief then as I believe everything went correct and the car is running well thanks! :thumb: