General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By kagedws6
#272560 now that some of the other symptoms have been resolved the remaining ones I've looked up and it looks like its pointing to a coolant port in the head gasket ruptured which would explain a lot.

when its running the rough idle can be contributed to the loss of pressure and coolant slipping in.

at high rpm enough pressure builds up in the cylinder to push threw into the coolant and create air pockets pushing water out the overflow explaining when on the highway at higher speeds the temp gauge goes up

and when its run then turned off coolant probably got into the cylinder on the spark plugs causing it not to fire till it cools off or the spark plugs dry off.

/facepalm
By RWMIII
#272568 Once again, I suggest a compression test.
By kagedws6
#272686 had it tested. head gasket and possibly cracked warped head. sold it for parts. going to put money aside to but another civic preferably a hatch or atleast a 5speed
By RWMIII
#272713 damn you sold that quick :o

good luck with your search for a new EG :thumb:
By kagedws6
#272718 a friend of my wife's a more seasoned mechanic then I am and his work buys parts cars and he got them to take mine so we could atleast get some money for it and he's gonna take a few parts we replaced off first so I can have them back like the alternator and the main relay since those were replaced in the last 2 weeks

lol its gonna suck having to take mass transit to work considering I just started working again and was happy to have my car back :P
By RWMIII
#272721 Starting to see alot of people just give up on their cars instead of fixing them. We try to help on the forum as much as possible, but on more complex issues it gets even harder to diagnose what is wrong unless you are in person. I understand that the economy sucks and people are trying to save a few bucks wherever they can, but sometimes they just need to break down and bring it down to one of us who does this for a living. :?

Anyways, glad it kinda worked in your favor.
By kagedws6
#272725 my wife was the one who nixed the idea of fixing it. it needed other stuff on top of that its just that was the main problem I was concerned with atm. it needed cv joints, new tires, new exaust, rear bumper, some body work etc and my wife told me if I want to hold out and spend a little extra on a civic exactly the way I want then I can as long as I don't mind using mass transit for a little while. lol and the last 2 times I had a motor ripped apart I had a tendency to buy things here and there without mentioning it and they started turning into money pits (rebuilt the lt1 in my 97 firebird formula and converted my 4cyl mustang to a 302) and I took my sweet time finishing it :P I'm just glad I'll have room at the house we're moving into to work on a car wtihout worrying about complaints if it has to stay on a stand for a few days etc. and I wanna pick up a shed so I have a place to start accumulating my tools back.
By RWMIII
#272735 I wasnt ripping on you man. I was just saying that I have seen about 5 different people on here say screw it, I am selling it. lol. I understand the money pit. As long as you are a gearhead, you will always have a money pit. :thumb:
By kagedws6
#272829 lol I know I just was bored and figured I'd explain. I have a bad habit of overexplaining when I don't need to or going off topic in the process too :P I can't wait for my next money pit uhh I mean car :P