General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By undeadone069
#265955 ok i know its just a matter of opinion but i wanna know what u think is the best motor to swap into a eg coupe. i dont care how much customized stuff u got to have. what do u think is the best. (with the most [url]STOCK[/url] hp and tourqe)[url][/url]
By poorman type-r
#265960 J swap
or
K20/K24
By Ajax1989
#265963 H22a... enuf said
By TrailerTrash
#265964 JDM D15B

save the sohc :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
By Classiccarsrule85
#265965 depends on the mula my friend a simple swap in my opinion the best are as follows

for a good budget fun drive swap
-D15b
-dohc zc
-d16z6

for a not so budget fun as it can get swap
-k series
-j series
-h series
-bseries (bseries can be a budget engine depending on where you are located job cash etc....around me it is not transmissions are the pricey bit)

So in the standpoint of just raw power for a eg coupe youd have to spend money to get it for a fun daily that you can get going for a little cash and possibly upgrade later down the road with fun bolt ons stay with the D series
By RWMIII
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:depends on the mula my friend a simple swap in my opinion the best are as follows

for a good budget fun drive swap
-D15b
-dohc zc
-d16z6

for a not so budget fun as it can get swap
-k series
-j series
-h series
-bseries (bseries can be a budget engine depending on where you are located job cash etc....around me it is not transmissions are the pricey bit)

So in the standpoint of just raw power for a eg coupe youd have to spend money to get it for a fun daily that you can get going for a little cash and possibly upgrade later down the road with fun bolt ons stay with the D series

x2

it all comes down to how fast you go will be determined by how much you spend :thumb:
By undeadone069
#266230 ok within the next year i will be recieving around 50k $ so im gonna buy a eg coupe.. and lookin to dump from 10-15k in it. really want to go dohc already have a sohc. that im also gonna put a lil into...
By poorman type-r
undeadone069 wrote:ok within the next year i will be recieving around 50k $ so im gonna buy a eg coupe.. and lookin to dump from 10-15k in it. really want to go dohc already have a sohc. that im also gonna put a lil into...

50k huh? I will help you spend it haha jk brother. Well with a j swap you can probably get the most horsepower out of it, but i have seen a k20/k24 fully built turbo motor hit 1114hp. So its all up to you and what you want to do.
By undeadone069
#266244 well money wont be an issue. i do want the most hp and torqe. however i want the most reliable i can have. been lookin at some sites. idk which could be trustworthy. but what u think? http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc200 ... item=30015 this one sells complete swaps
By undeadone069
#266314 bought anything from them?
and if i was to get a motor from them what all would i need to put into it before it could properly handle a turbo?
By poorman type-r
#266333 Depends on how much boost you wanted to run. You can run 7-10psi on a stock motor, but if you want serious power then Sleeves, Rods, Low comp pistons, built head, valves, valve springs, either turbo cams or Stage 1 NA cams, fuel pump, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail, better spark plugs, wires, msd all of that good shit with basic bolt ons. Yeah ha those are a few parts.
By RWMIII
undeadone069 wrote:bought anything from them?

Performance shop I worked for doing swaps a few years ago ordered strictly from these people. This is who I am getting my setup from.

check out some of the other users builds, you will get a better idea what you are looking at when it comes to turbo.