General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By stefan
#56445 I can't see it as good as I'd like, but I suppose number 4 is the hose between the silver sticker on the strutbar, and the throttle cable bracket?

If so, just close it up.
The thing isn't important at all; it runs to the charcoal canister, wich you can remove safely.
By Sentry
Ej2-B16a wrote:Carefully ( if your gonna re use the studs ) with vise plyers (try not to damage the threads) unscrew all the studs.. they should come out fairly easy

:shock:

What you should do is thread on one nut, then another behind it to lock it there, then use a wrench to turn the first nut.

Don't mind me, just browsing the DIY threads.
By Vincentex3
#87461 Would it be rice if i took off an intake manifold and painted it to macth the engine head?????
By pedroa06
#125736 man the bottom bolts are hard cant seem to install the last bottom bolt.. and now my coolant is leaking.. :x
By Civic Savior
#348449 Just did this to my EG to install a mechanical oil pressure gauge. Yes, you need to relieve the fuel pressure. IDK about all motors but on my D there is a service bolt on top of the fuel filter that you loosen to accomplish this. I also learned that if you are removing the intake manifold it is also a good time to replace vac lines, heater hoses etc. Just some info i gathered while doing this.
By suspendedHatch
#349098 Yeah, you should let the car sit for an hour or so, then remove the gas cap and relieve the pressure at the service bolt on the fuel filter. You'll still have a little fuel drip out of the lines but if you don't relieve the pressure, it's enough to create a hazard.

The OP probably had let the car sit for days.