General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By ron_kimi
#257447 I have a 94 eg hatch with d15b engine and p08 ecu.

Recently I have noticed my A/C compressor would take a long time before it would engage. This started when i was just using the car once a week ang would occasionally start it to charge the battery.

I have checked and exchanged the compressor relay and condenser relays but still the problem persist. Also checked all fuses and the freon but everything is ok. BTW the thermoswitch for the condenser has already been bypassed.

It would take 10 -15 mins after cold start before the a/c compressor would engage. But once it engages the a/c runs normally and would also cut off and cut in. Problem will show up again after not using the car overnight.

Any clues on what could be the problem? :?
By Apexracing
#261334 better late than never but a compressor will do that if the system is low on refrigerant. or if there is air in the system. get it bled and get it filled.
By davidomalley
#261388 i had this happen to me last year. I then noticed a small hole on the low pressure filling hose that goes from the filling valve to the [item 9]

i then replaced that, refilled with a bottle [with gauge] for $35 from Autozone and AC clutch engauges.

I would also not jump your pressure switch. The compressor needs the lubrication in the refrigerant to work. running on low pressure will surely damage your compressor.