General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By doubskie
#252119 so i traded my hatch for a f22 92 prelude the other day. when i got it the guy told me that i may need a new fuel pump in the near future. i was driving today and it started sputtering/knocking really bad. it runs as if i was pumping the gas pedal the whole time. when in neutral it revs perfectly smooth. after trying to drive it for a while and having it shut off on me a few times it eventually wont start. then if i let it sit 10 minutes it starts up and can drive good for about 10 feet then starts sputtering again.

i ordered a new fuel pump but i dont wanna go through the trouble of putting it on if thats not it.

and also, how can i check the relays? and is it possible i just new a new fuel filter?

any help is appreciated :?
By forcefedEG
JUICE wrote:start with the fuel filter. cheap and easy to do

X2 fuel filters are commonly overlooked :thumb:
By doubskie
#252319 well i replaced the fuel filter today. didnt do anything im still having problems with it.

another thing... my check engine light is on. could that happen from a bad fuel pump? it flashes on and off whenever the car starts sputtering
By LaosToaster
#252321 im thinking it has something to do with ur throttle position sensor or the three sensors on ur distributor. try to pull a code from the ECU
By momonimill
#256860 I had a similar problem w my b18c1 I bought a new dizzy and problem solved
By LaosToaster
#256867 Don't just replace the dizzy without testing for resistance for each sensor, I forgot what the ohms spec range they each have to be at but do that fiirst, and also check for continuity to ground, I had that problem and it took forever to figure it out and ended up buying a new dizzy when I didn't need to, don't fall in the same foot steps as me.