General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Eg8Sedan
#234770 Whats up guys i hqve a b7/z6 mini me and i want to squeeze more power. I have i/he the head is stock, i was wondering if i PnP, mill the head (how much to mill?) gasket matching, and stage 2 cams with a base map on the mods that im going to do. I was wondering if i get the base map with all the mods that im going to do will it be safe to run on, On just a base map? And how much hp will i expect. I know if i get a tune i could get more gains. I want you guys opion And help on what to do...
By chrono404
#234775 There is a purpose for a Base Map. To be a base to tune on top of. Base Map's are not made to be daily driven on. Base Maps are made for one engine setup. The Engine is was based off of. If you decide to Run your car on a "Base Map" or even worse a "Performance Base map you that will give you more power even bone stock" Dont be surprised when you have major engine issues.

Just becouse a cam is "Stage 2" doesn't mean other brands will be the same. For example a Bisimoto Stage 2 cam will be different then a Skunk 2 stage 2 cam. Dont forget you will want to upgrade your springs and retainers.

Also none of us can guess how much horsepower you will make. Anything we post would be a guess. It depends on your elevation. How good your engine is running, how good(or if a base map, how bad) your Tune is.
By Eg8Sedan
#234785 I understand what your saying, that i could have a possible engine issue. The reason i ask is while im getting this all this parts gathered, im kinda on a budget to while tax money comes around. So i wouldnt have any money to get a tune. So i ask if i could run it on a base map until i have money to tune it. Im not going to run it hard or race it, im only going to drive it for a mile to work and possible little highway drive. So thats why i ask if its safe to drive it on a base map with that kind of driving. And for the stage 2 cams im thinking about getting a blox or a bisi cams.