General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By si-b16
#221675 Cool thanks for that info man :thumb:
By elrompetoto
si-b16 wrote:Yep i replaced the fan switch.

Don't really want to leave it on all the time, hopefully i can figure out the problem an fix it, otherwise i will have to do what you suggested, thanks heaps you've been a great help :thumb:

anymore suggestions on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated :)
just couse u replaced the fan switch with a new one dose not mean that the new one is good mite be defective

so here is what u do take off the plug from the fan switch jump it (make the green wire and the black wire tuch) this will make ur fan run every time u turn ur key 2 the on position. so after u jump the fan swich turn on the car and make sure the fan is runing if its runing start 2 move the wires slowly wile CHECKING IF THE FAN TURNS OFF do this from the fan switch all the way 2 the fan if the fan dose not turn off then u most likely have a bad fan switch. if it dose turn off wile u checking the wire then u have a broken wire
By elrompetoto
wnos100shot wrote:
MG6 wrote:I would not leave the fan running on all the time for your daily driving. Your engine will never run right and you will have poor gas mileage.

Not true one bit.. the car will run just fine and it will not have poor gas mileage.
umm what about close loop open loop how is the ecu gona do the change if u have the coolent temp 2 low the car will never go into close loop aka the car will burn more gas wana know why? ha do ya do ya. well when the ecu sees that the temp is 2 low it says to it self ( this car is 2 coold so im gona make the injector puls a lil longer so it can run rich and heat the engen up a bit) and this is why u wast more gas.have u ever turnd on a car on a cold morrning and the rpms go up 2 like 1500 or 2000 and then they go down as the car gets hot, same thing the ecu is trying 2 make the temp go up
By flyinryan122
elrompetoto wrote:
wnos100shot wrote:
MG6 wrote:I would not leave the fan running on all the time for your daily driving. Your engine will never run right and you will have poor gas mileage.

Not true one bit.. the car will run just fine and it will not have poor gas mileage.
umm what about close loop open loop how is the ecu gona do the change if u have the coolent temp 2 low the car will never go into close loop aka the car will burn more gas wana know why? ha do ya do ya. well when the ecu sees that the temp is 2 low it says to it self ( this car is 2 coold so im gona make the injector puls a lil longer so it can run rich and heat the engen up a bit) and this is why u wast more gas.have u ever turnd on a car on a cold morrning and the rpms go up 2 like 1500 or 2000 and then they go down as the car gets hot, same thing the ecu is trying 2 make the temp go up
Dude, problem solved. The fan running, will not keep the car from getting to temp....... It works JUST FINE.
By MG6
#221888 I am sure your daily (turbo or SC) is ideal to run the fan all the time... but a NA with minor mods (intake, cam, exhaust) will not need to run the rad fan all the time.

But like your turbo daily, sure... if that whats make your car runs cool... but that still isn't ideal. The best way is to add a temp sensor that is connecting to a rad fan. This way, when it reach the temp you desire. I am sure you know this already...
By elrompetoto
flyinryan122 wrote:
elrompetoto wrote:
wnos100shot wrote:

Dude, problem solved. The fan running, will not keep the car from getting to temp....... It works JUST FINE.
a im just trying 2 give out the right info thats all
By si-b16
#222036 Ive been running the fan full time so far an it has been great :)

Its running much better an the revs are smoother an quieter, Having the fan on all the time on a n/a is fine to me, it just takes a little longer to warm up, but i can get use to that.
By flyinryan122
si-b16 wrote:Ive been running the fan full time so far an it has been great :)

Its running much better an the revs are smoother an quieter, Having the fan on all the time on a n/a is fine to me, it just takes a little longer to warm up, but i can get use to that.
:cheers:
By elrompetoto
flyinryan122 wrote:So my info is wrong? :lol:
nope ur 100% rite they need 2 fire the pplz that invented that hole car having a fan that turns on and off
By jetlikoki86
#224679 taking advantage of this post, i had the same issue, i replaced the fan switch and the fan relay, and boom!! turned on, but, the issue now is that stays on for a short period of time, less than 10seg, as far as i know, should be at least 20 seg, am i right? :?
By si-b16
#224766 Is it overheating? was it turning on before you replaced them?

Maybe try a mugen or spoon fan switch, i think they make the fan stay on longer.
By OleFolk
#224771 Check fuses
By jetlikoki86
#225989 is not overheating, i've had z6, d15b and now y8, with z6 and d15b i've never had this problem they had the fan on for more than 20 seg, well i guess it's not a probles since is not overheating.. :eh: