General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By drew_ej2_owner
#216740 ok i was painting my valve cover on my 94 civic ex n i figured id go and change the spark plugs while im at it but one of my spark plugs dont have the hex nut on it.. i guess the guy who put them on over tightened it or somethin... can anyone help me in gettin this out? :?
By RPGonzos_EJ
#216789 Is the hex part stripped? or just completely gone?

we have had this happen on a couple of motors...

one time we were able to fit a deep socket over the spark plug and hammer it on, which gave us just enough bite to remove it.

Main problem with that method is messing up the threads on the head putting to much force from the hammering, or just completely shattering the spark plug making it more of a PITA to get out.

The other time we were pulling the motor apart anyways so we just removed the head and where able to get the spark plug unscrewed from the bottom.

Both times were on a cheap auto zone set of plugs that my buddy decided he really liked cause they were cheap ... i have never had this happen on any of the NGKs that i use.
By drew_ej2_owner
RPGonzos_EJ wrote:Is the hex part stripped? or just completely gone?

we have had this happen on a couple of motors...

one time we were able to fit a deep socket over the spark plug and hammer it on, which gave us just enough bite to remove it.

Main problem with that method is messing up the threads on the head putting to much force from the hammering, or just completely shattering the spark plug making it more of a PITA to get out.

The other time we were pulling the motor apart anyways so we just removed the head and where able to get the spark plug unscrewed from the bottom.

Both times were on a cheap auto zone set of plugs that my buddy decided he really liked cause they were cheap ... i have never had this happen on any of the NGKs that i use.

the shit is bro they r ngk plugs lol
n the hex nut is gone as is not present lol :thumbdown: