General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#213406 i accidently chipped piece of my crank pully while installing it,
its a small chip on the outer end where the power steering belt goes, no pics of it
will that affect anything in the engine?
By MG6
#213560 I don't think it will, but your belt might be rubbing against it from time to time.
By chrono404
#213582 Assuming your running any of the engines but the B18c Type-R and the B16b Type-R then you have an issue. these two engines are balanced and use a light weight pull for racing use.

The other engines are not perfectly balanced. meaning honda puts balancing into the crankshaft pulley to help balance the engine. If its chipped or cracked its a very good idea to replace it.

If you dont and just keep driving it, It will wear out your bottom end quicker and get rod knock, then need new rod bearings.
By jred
chrono404 wrote:Assuming your running any of the engines but the B18c Type-R and the B16b Type-R then you have an issue. these two engines are balanced and use a light weight pull for racing use.

The other engines are not perfectly balanced. meaning honda puts balancing into the crankshaft pulley to help balance the engine. If its chipped or cracked its a very good idea to replace it.

If you dont and just keep driving it, It will wear out your bottom end quicker and get rod knock, then need new rod bearings.

its on a b20 vtec, but the pully's from my old b16a
By chrono404
jred wrote:
chrono404 wrote:Assuming your running any of the engines but the B18c Type-R and the B16b Type-R then you have an issue. these two engines are balanced and use a light weight pull for racing use.

its on a b20 vtec, but the pully's from my old b16a

If the B16a pulley is chipped that means it wont balance your b20 bottom end. With an engine hybrid that fails as much as a b20vtec I would highly recommend a relpaced crank pulley. B16 Crank pulleys on a B20 work fine, Thats what i have my on my B20. However you dont want it cracked./chipped.