General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By dbrooks
#194941 http://naganousa.com/

has a d15b vtec swap for $800 right now. It has an automatic transmission, but you could always swap it out

Good luck :thumb: Since im not too far, I could probably help with youre swap too
By Type-Are
#197544 if i was you id stay away from tiger they sent me a engine that was crushed on the top side. like all sensors and all that they wouldnt pay for replacement of the sensors or anything. just giving you a heads up.
By EJ1STYLEN
#197568 Ok let me get it right...that vtec subharness will put vtec on my d15b7 that has no vtec right?
By EricM
Type-Are wrote:if i was you id stay away from tiger they sent me a engine that was crushed on the top side. like all sensors and all that they wouldnt pay for replacement of the sensors or anything. just giving you a heads up.

Thats the reason why I wanted to go with hmotors. I've heard too many stories like yours.
EJ1STYLEN wrote:Ok let me get it right...that vtec subharness will put vtec on my d15b7 that has no vtec right?

It won't give your car vtec, rather it will have the wiring for it (from the head, to the shock tower, to the ecu) whenever you buy an engine with a vtec head and ecu.
By egsedanguy
#197670 Do what motor u want. I have driven all types and for price and power I say do a b18b with a gsr tranny. Intake header and full exaust. You will have a fun lil ride. You will have the power and tourqe with the ls and the tranny will have the nice short gears. But its up to you. But just wait if you really want a d series. Tont just let the money burn a hole in your pocket. :thumb:
By dbrooks
egsedanguy wrote:Do what motor u want. I have driven all types and for price and power I say do a b18b with a gsr tranny. Intake header and full exaust. You will have a fun lil ride. You will have the power and tourqe with the ls and the tranny will have the nice short gears. But its up to you. But just wait if you really want a d series. Tont just let the money burn a hole in your pocket. :thumb:

Those are some good words of wisdom!
By EricM
egsedanguy wrote:Do what motor u want. I have driven all types and for price and power I say do a b18b with a gsr tranny. Intake header and full exaust. You will have a fun lil ride. You will have the power and tourqe with the ls and the tranny will have the nice short gears. But its up to you. But just wait if you really want a d series. Tont just let the money burn a hole in your pocket. :thumb:

I would love a b-series but they're hard to get your hands on with low miles around here. Plus its a ton of money. I can't really do the swap during the fall because I'm a high school student. So it has to be done before the summer is out. Hmotors says that they only have 96-00' years available in the d15b...