General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Classiccarsrule85
#191661 Warning engine may be very very hot if you just got back from getting the o ring

warning i bare no responsibility for stupidity this is only something to base your experiences on. something you could use to help you along the way....

Alright first thing is first
Tools
extensions
12mm socket wrench
ratchet
12mm wrench
flathead or snips to get the o-ring off

Parts
10w30 oil to lube o-ring
O-ring for the d-series unsure if its the same part number for the other
ones part #30110-PA1-732 O-RING (26.4X3.1) (TEC)

Had to get this at the dealership and was a couple dollars....

Alright first step get situated get teh hood open and just look familiarize yourself with what you are about to do this job is easy but also it can be easily fucked up....

Alright so now lets begin me i like to keep things easy simple and i dont want to cut my hand open or something like that yes sometimes you are going to get cuts but this is an easy job and shouldnt cause you much more than a few burns if the motor is running....

I first took off teh silencer (if you have a full stock intake you will have this part

Next i unplugged the distributor from the wire harness...

Next there are 3 12mm bolts holding the distributor in now unlike me you probably should use the flat head screwdriver or scribe a mark so that your static timing stay the same mine was off anyhow so i didn't bother.........

after takeing the dizzy off look at the tip that goes into the head this is your Distributor O-ring

I tried popping mine off and due to the mileage on it broke as you can tell from the picture this isnt normal if it was good then it wouldnt brake like that......

next after taking off the old dizzy o ring i went about cleaning wiping up oil etc.....

now to install the new ring
what you need to do is well just like any oil filter job you wanna lube up the ring with oil....what i did was use some 10w30 motor oil and just wet down the O-ring.

now what i did to install this is i went ahead and placed the o ring on the end right before it gets a bit difficult to slide over and i rolled it over the top and made sure everything was set in place and voila! installed

Now just reinstall the distributor and turn it over to make sure that its in the right spot tighten everything up and enjoy the thought that now your car wont leak oil from your distributor.

This is a very cheap and often overlooked part gotta say very happy with how eay it was done but heck its a honda lol so woot there you go now go out and do it....happy tooling!
By Punksz6
#191676 Nice Write Up!! I might have to check mine out this weekend. :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
Punksz6 wrote:Nice Write Up!! I might have to check mine out this weekend. :thumb:

yea i know now that i know its that cheap to replace and almost every car civic wise ive owned thats one of the only things ive never replaced and i mean id say just for peace of mind its nice to replace....
By jerko
#193977 do you replace just because you feel like it? or was there a sympton to make you change it? meaning just routine maint. If its worth doing...i'll do it as well
By Classiccarsrule85
jerko wrote:do you replace just because you feel like it? or was there a sympton to make you change it? meaning just routine maint. If its worth doing...i'll do it as well

well since it was cheap from now on im probaly going to do it as routine maint. but my trans was covered in oil and i traced it back to the dizzy so it could only be the dizzy O-ring and thats why i replaced this particular one...
By onibakagaijin
#324582 I had to change to o-ring on my distributor lately and it was a pain finding replacement but O'Reilly came to my rescue. I also noticed that when looking up info only the OEM part number is shown or the NAPA number. Also, its been iffy what the proper size is on a lot of threads. So below, instead of messing up the info, is a pic of the package with the proper info shown. Works great and as seen is for multiple applications.

Hope this update helps.
By kylenjdm93
#324634 way off topic but the exhaust mani you have

perfect to have a machine shop weld up a 16g turbo to it...

or buy an adapter plate... thanks Mitsubishi for the close flange design....

just sayin
By Apexracing
kylenjdm93 wrote:way off topic but the exhaust mani you have

perfect to have a machine shop weld up a 16g turbo to it...

or buy an adapter plate... thanks Mitsubishi for the close flange design....

just sayin

Hahaha he is a volvo man now, and yea the boosted early 90's eclipses and talons manifold is about a direct fit on f series motors.