General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 95egcivic
#187290 so thats a guy that lives down the road with a 89 civic hatch with 230 on da motor but the body is one of the cleanest one arfound here...its only got 1 dent on driver fender...its all stock....it has ran in over 2 years he saids...i offerd 700 cash he says no....so im been going to try and help him get it started....we put my civic battery in it from my daily driver..and it doesnt want to try and click over but it does click.....now what can be wrong wit can i get \a check list......all the fuse under the hood and inside is good.gots fresh gas ...plase help
By asianrob
#187295 getting spark?
By 95egcivic
#187314 no way for checking for spark because the coil is under the cap
By asianrob
#187339 should be able to pull the spark plug wire and put it against the valve cover to see if you see spark.

is it a MPFI? or Dual point?
By 95egcivic
#187341 its a dual point motor....does it matter on what spark plug 2 use
By forcefedEG
#187388 dsoent matter what plug to use but normally you go with no.1 cylinder :thumb: check and make sure your getting fuel to your inj. (jus 2 in this case) or at least getting fuel to the fuel filter.... and also check your starter and check all your ground connections (id do that first) and make sure the starter wire isnt loose....
By egsedanguy
forcefedEG wrote:dsoent matter what plug to use but normally you go with no.1 cylinder :thumb: check and make sure your getting fuel to your inj. (jus 2 in this case) or at least getting fuel to the fuel filter.... and also check your starter and check all your ground connections (id do that first) and make sure the starter wire isnt loose....

yup i agree right hurr.
By Apexracing
#187833 how can a engine generate spark with out turning over lol

if it just clicks, check your wires/grounds at the starter and such, if its a stick try pop starting it.
By 95egcivic
#187839 well when they had it in this conditon b4..they tried pushing starting it and pulling it behind a truck and still nothing....i honstly think its the wiring..because the ground is all messed up...and redid.....but the guy that ownes it doesnt want to sell it.but he wants to fix it.then he dont want to check anythng like the starter and stuff like dat
By forcefedEG
95egcivic wrote:but the guy that ownes it doesnt want to sell it.but he wants to fix it.then he dont want to check anythng like the starter and stuff like dat

well that sucks.... you cant help someone who dosent want to help themselves :thumbdown:
By 95egcivic
#187942 i know and its a shame just to see it sit and rot away...i even told him that..hes said i know i know...well if he decides to fix it i know what to check know.....
By 95egcivic
#188028 update...theres a guy working on it now...i tried to understanded him but could really becasue hes a mexican...not trying to be rascist.....anyways they got it running....but one of the orings on a injector is leaking gas into the oil....they are fixing it 2day....im glad for him