94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:

if i forget something essential please do tell.....and as for the rods i think im going to get them shot peen'd .

umm get the arp head studs
make sure you get the p28
all tho you want power, keep all SMOG items on the car
make sure you torque everything to spec

ya are you gonna resize them after you shot peen'd them?

i retake my thoughts about the shot peend ill just keep them stock
by smog items u mean catalyst?
im going to need a torque wrench to keep everything to spec rite?
now for the nooby question when they tune it there tuning the ecu or what?

ya keep the cat, the evap canister, all that stuff
ya torque wreches arent too much, i got one at harbor frieght for 20 bucks

and i believe they tune off the ecu, not 100% sure there

you read my mind about getting that stuff off harbor....them tuning the ecu wouldnt that affect emission tho.?

i dont think so, not really sure, just when they tune it, ask them to keep smog in mind or go to a tune shop and ask if you can still pass smog and have what you want

dam im off to use the calculator and calculate around how much this is all gonna cost........is there a book that will help when i start build the engine ?

it shouldnt cost to much, around 1000-1500 maybe

and ya thats what im thinkin they could help pass smog for you
my last question before i call it a day......what brand spring,retainers,valves do recomend

Bisimoto's if your gonna run his cam :thumb:
and i want ur rims :lol:

you want my mint si rims :whatever: ill post up the cost calculation 2marrow..
By Ajax1989
#186935 :twisted: yes i want them, it shouldnt be too much :thumb:
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote::twisted: yes i want them, it shouldnt be too much :thumb:

i dont even have steelies to rock :lol:
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote::lol:

i cant find the spring,retainers on the bisimoto website
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_9_31_33&products_id=79

:thumb:

thx
By Ajax1989
#186949 forshizzle
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:forshizzle

:shock: the cost is gonna be around 3400 for everything..
By Ajax1989
#186955 wow really.. holy shit :shock:
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:wow really.. holy shit :shock:
yea i didnt think ot was going to be that much ....but yea depending on how much there gonna charge for the head tobe port and polished and how much the charge for tuning that should be the cost.
By Ajax1989
#187007 dont do the port n poilsh, are you gonna build the motor your self?
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:dont do the port n poilsh, are you gonna build the motor your self?

Yea im gonna do it myself....is there a book that can help me
By That One Dude
#187026 Use the Helm's manual when you're building it. Use all the stock torque specs for everything but the head studs, since you're going with ARP. I called ARP a while back and they said to torque the head stud nuts to 85ft/lbs on a B16A3 I was working on. That's 5ft/lbs more than with the stock head bolts. I'm not sure what it would be for the D-series, but I imagine not too different.

Link for the Factory Maintanance Manual: http://www.spoonertuner.com/manuals?SID ... da989d6b45

PLEASE don't buy a torque wrench from Harbor Freight. The accuracy of the torque spec versus the reading is plus or minus 6%. If you're trying to torque to 100ft/lbs, you could be doing anywhere from 94-106ft/lbs with that specific torque instrument. For $80, my Craftsman torque wrench has a tolerance of plus 1% minus 1.5% as measured by the calibration company I have to send it out to every year. Trust me, you don't want your engine to be built on a +/-6% tolerance. That's like saying, "I need 83mm pistons", and the shop sends you a set of 88mm pistons because they have a +/-6% tolerance on the size of their pistons.

When it comes to precision tools, more is better to an extent. My Craftsman torque wrench is just as good as any Snap-On torque wrench as far as the quality of the tool. Only problem is that the Snap-On warranty is lifetime and Craftsman is 90 day.

As with car parts, you get what you pay for.
By dro21
That One Dude wrote:Use the Helm's manual when you're building it. Use all the stock torque specs for everything but the head studs, since you're going with ARP. I called ARP a while back and they said to torque the head stud nuts to 85ft/lbs on a B16A3 I was working on. That's 5ft/lbs more than with the stock head bolts. I'm not sure what it would be for the D-series, but I imagine not too different.

Link for the Factory Maintanance Manual: http://www.spoonertuner.com/manuals?SID ... da989d6b45

PLEASE don't buy a torque wrench from Harbor Freight. The accuracy of the torque spec versus the reading is plus or minus 6%. If you're trying to torque to 100ft/lbs, you could be doing anywhere from 94-106ft/lbs with that specific torque instrument. For $80, my Craftsman torque wrench has a tolerance of plus 1% minus 1.5% as measured by the calibration company I have to send it out to every year. Trust me, you don't want your engine to be built on a +/-6% tolerance. That's like saying, "I need 83mm pistons", and the shop sends you a set of 88mm pistons because they have a +/-6% tolerance on the size of their pistons.

When it comes to precision tools, more is better to an extent. My Craftsman torque wrench is just as good as any Snap-On torque wrench as far as the quality of the tool. Only problem is that the Snap-On warranty is lifetime and Craftsman is 90 day.

As with car parts, you get what you pay for.

Thx for the info on the torque wrench...