General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By EG*RYDER
#175700 Hey guys i cant decide what swap to do between the h22 or ls motor what would you think would be the best for a budget build cause i can get an h22a1 for $500 and i already have an ls.
By pinky
#175722 rebuild the ls (if need be) and rock it. Hell, you already have it.
By h22bubbleboy
#175768 even though i have an h in my hatch i would stick with what you have...it took me a while to get where im at n i still got ways to go but time n money is something i dont have alot of so unless you plan on spending alot of time or money id stick to what you have my hatch is my project not my daily so if its your daily stick with what you have lol... good luck on what ever you pick though this was just my 10 cents lmao
By forcefedEG
#176387 an h2b runds good! but the cost of the motor the plate and everything else involed, depending on what kit you go with you are looking at alot of work. from the 2 h2b's ive done your looking at about a weeks worth of work in the evening, taking your time and make sure your doing everything right. for the money id go strait ls or possibly an lsv for the money your looking at for an h2b... but still there is no replacement for displacement... if you could find a b20 id recomend a b20v there big time bang for the buck! but if you have a ls do itr or sir pistons and a b16 head... youd be very happy! :thumb: